Topic: JJT Boat Year

Re: JJT Boat Year

I have what I am told is a 1972 and as far as I know none of the older boats had Hull numbers. I have no numbers on sails as the originals are long gone.I'd love to know more if anyone has a JJTaylor source.

Re: JJT Boat Year

The lawn's dry now, so I hauled out the original main to get the sail number off of it.  When I bought the boat, I'm told it was a 1974.  I'm the fourth owner now, so along the line things may have become convoluted.  The sail number is 79, and after looking at "the Fleet" and the registry in the forum, I see that there are 1974 JJT's with sail numbers ranging 77 to 93, 114, and 125.  Did they really make this many boats that year? Or are we with double digit sail numbers the proud owners of more experienced boats?  Now, if only a sail number was enough for the Canadian government......  The bureaucratic hoops for something so simple as registering (documenting) a production sailboat that doesn't have a hull number are unbelieveable.  BTW, does anyone know if Taylor still has any builder's certificates on file???  I'd assume not likely, but it'd come in handy to get through this damn circus act of a government.