Topic: Repower with a Kubota Z482

Is someone aware of a Contessa 26 powered by a Kubota Z482 13hp ?

I'm planning to replace my old Petter 6.5hp by a Kubota Z482 13hp at 3600rpm. I need inputs from users. The Z482 is also named as Beta Marine engine or Nanni Diesel.

Thanks.

Re: Repower with a Kubota Z482

Same engine base as Nanni Diesel or Phasor, anybody knows if it could fit in a Contessa  26 ?

check westebeke.com for drawing lines of motor

the 12C just fits, leaving the original beds intact
must raise the pully end of the hatch (cockpit floor) 2 inches to clear alternator
it ends up just under the cabin slide hatches.

interior of boat says the same

Michael,

My pal and I have been restoring an early Rogers C26 (Hull number 14) and we have installed a Beta 13.5 hp.  It didn't seem much bigger, if at all from the 10 hp and we liked the idea of a little extra power for motoring in extreme conditions. 

The fitting wasn't too much of a problem but we had the luxury of installing the engine into an empty shell.  At some stage in its life the boat had been holed and sunk.  The plywood down below had mould all through it and the smell was terrible so we stripped her completely. We have rebuilt the woodwork around the engine and it looks pretty good.  Totarom had never had an engine fitted previously as the owner was into racing so we also had to fit the sterngear. 
Hopefully we will finish the last jobs this winter and enjoy next season afloat.

Tom
Totarom  Rogers C26 Hull 14

Tom,

The Beta 10 or 13.5 are the same motor, they only increase the rpm for the 13.5.

Marc

Contessa 26 #158
Sun Wave
Montreal QC