Topic: Farymann for sale to good home

I have the old farymann 7 horse that came out of my boat that I need to do something with or it will go on the junk pile.  It was running when removed but the trans seals were bad and it is pretty rusty. Any one who wants it let me know, it is in Rockport, Texas.

Re: Farymann for sale to good home

Bluehair,

Could you tell us the brand of the new motor. I will repower this spring and i'm not sure between Yanmar and Kubota.

Actually i have a rusty Petter Lester 6.5

Marc

Contessa 26 #158
Sun Wave
Montreal QC

Hi Marc I have a lot of petter parts , but no flywheel.
I repowered to Yanmar 1gm10 , and am happy with it, I looked at Kubota because of the 2 cylinder, and it would still fit, but got a used Yanmar for half the price.
If you don't know what to do with the Petter I'll take it since nobody is interested in the parts I have, I want to make a biodiesel generator. Let me know , Peter

I got the yanmar one lung, the cost was horrible but the speed of the boat under power makes me feel better.
There were some days when I could not back out of my slip against the wind and tide. That was kind of what sealed the deal for me, that and having to figure out what broke today.

Question - Would you think there could be any value in the farymann parts, for those of us still nursing ours? Cheers.

Have you tried getting parts for an old Farymann?  It's next to impossible so the answer is a definite yes so let the bidding begin! ;-) 

J.