Topic: Final call for Xmas wish list

1)  55 hours in a day, and a 22 hour work week.  the rest of the time being devoted to finishing my boat.
2)  sun, sun, sun.  no rain, no snow, none of this -25oC crap.  this is work stoppage weather
3)  fiberglass that doesn't make you itchy when you grind.

come on santa, this isn't that all unreasonable......

Re: Final call for Xmas wish list

Ok, here's my little list!  Hmm, not really luxury items...but VERY important to ME! ;-)

1.  Air Horn to blast people out of my way, warn them I am around, and to notify people to hop to it on the travel-lift dock or strange area when I want some attention, ha ha!

2.  My Leatherman Multi-tool.

3.  My very expensive prescription sunglasses.

Oh WAIT, those are all things I got from Santa Me last year!

Ok, THIS year I want:  (do they hafta fit in a stocking?! ;-)  Do gift certificates count?!

1.  Chart program for my Palm Pilot.

2.  Tiny recessed fancy cabin lighting

3.  REALLY GOOD high end offshore sailing gloves, size little.

4.  And if one of the above is out of stock: Navik Windvane Spares!

Ok, Santa?  And I have been REALLY good this year, honest!!!  I reef early, I give way when I should, I keep a vigilant watch for everyone else who don't give way or if they try to run up my little stern, or they just try to bully little me in general, I light my anchor light, I don't swear (at least not loud enough for people to hear) and I coil my lines on the dock!
Merry Christmas Everyone!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Okay, if everyone has their wish list, I will put in my small one.

1) Post 1983 Contessa 26 in good shape
2) place to dock it, either Lake Erie or Coast of Maine

This is just a small list, so Santa might be able to help me;-)

----------
If the memories are better than the dreams then it's all over.....
[url=http://www.contessa26moonshine.me.uk]www.contessa26moonshine.me.uk[/url]

I would like a Contessa owner to come to Homer, Alaska to teach us how to sail this boat!!  Will that fit in a stocking?  Large stockings in Alaska, like the skeeters, you know!

Ok, I admit it, I do have a list Santa:
1. A Contessa 26
2. Sponsors to help me buy it if it's expensive
3. Laptop with charting software
4. Handheld GPS
5. Handheld VHF
6. Autohelm
7. Open 60 (Ha, Ha!)
8. A digital camera to share all those sailing memories
9. A camcorder to record sailing trips
10. The ability to get into a good college!
      And Now I Can Only Say Please!!!!!!!!!
                -Tom

I will be in Alaska again next yr with my contessa 26 but i don't think i will be making it to Homer.  I think Glacier Bay will be my last stop before heading back south, sorry.

For my christmas list for my boat i would like a mainsail ideally new but i would settle for a used one as a backup to my current sail.  Windvane selfsteering gear would be nice as well because my rope to tie the tiller is gettin a bit worn out.

Gee, isn't it weird how some things seem to work out...Kristin, someone is coming to Alaska; I now know what type of gloves and chart programs to buy; SkipperT &  John L. want a Contessa 26, Adrian may be selling his (three kids on the boat? Yikes! ;-)  and we'll all work on peace, health and happiness?!
(hmm, don't think an open 60 will fit in a stocking?!)

Thank you Santa!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Mark, let me know when you will be coming, we may be heading that way in the summer!

Ok, no bites on the Alaska invite...how about if I go south for a sail?  Won't get Tiny Dancer in the water until April...can't stand the wait!! Happy New Year to ALL!

Hi, this is Santa wishing all Contessa 26 owners a happy Christmas. I'm just getting the elves to arrange the final presents in the Christmas stockings for all you good boys and girls who have been working hard on your boats.

Question is what three small essential 'luxury' items do you get the Contessa 26 owner which small enough to fit into that stocking hanging from the bulkhead ?

I've already had the following request from eebygumcaptain

#1 LED torch programmed with SOS signalling
#2 Bosun's knife
#3 Mini blow torch

Any other suggestions to keep the elves busy ?

----------
If the memories are better than the dreams then it's all over.....
[url=http://www.contessa26moonshine.me.uk]www.contessa26moonshine.me.uk[/url]

It is time for the Santa 2006 wish list to be started up again!  Last year (above) a good year. Lets see what everyone wants this year.  The sky's the limit.

I got my boat this year  and new companionway made so now I need new toys for it:
windvane, tri-color light, 2 head sail halyards, new main sail, repair to head sail, hand held GPS unit and something else my mind has drawn a blank on it, plus digital camera to take pictures during my sailing to share with others.
cheers, jklee

Dear Santa, please stuff one of your little elves in my stocking so I have someone who can get easily into tight spaces.  Even better, make it the one who is also good at building your wooden toys so I can put him to work on the cabinetry and other woodworking which would oh so improve conditions.  By the way, what do elves eat?

If you can spare a second, leave the one who does the mechanical trains and such so I have someone to lovingly care for the farymann.  That one always gave you grief about not converting from reindeer power anyway, so I am sure he won't be missed.

After thinking about my wish list, I feel a bit selfish. I have two friends, one on the west coast and one that wonders the shores of Georgian Bay that are chasing their dream to find a Contessa 26 they can look on with pride.  One was a great asset to this forum and the other wishes to ask lots of questions when they get their boat.  So my wish is for both of them to find their Contessa 26, who would look upon them been wondering why it has taken them so long to find her.

Though, having one of Santa's elves would be great.  I may be small by I am not on the other side to tighten whatever that is needed done.  Plus, like above I would love the carpanter version to help me with my 10 thumbs.  My father could build a house and all I can do is bend a nail after one hit.  So an elf with talent would top my list too after my friends boats are discovered.  Cheers,

No limits right?  Well then,  here's my wish list for Christmas 2006:

1) A Simrad TP-10 tiller pilot
2) An Icom  IC-M502B Fixed VHF Radio with a roving handset
3) A Furuno Radar Unit
4) A Force 10 barbecue (Medium should do it)
5) A teak cockpit grate
6) An 80 Gig iPod with a Bose SoundDock system
7) The wisdom and ability to wire the lot with the help of Nigel Calder's Mechanical and Electrical book
8) And finally to hit this Friday's Super 7 Lottery of CDN$ 25,000,000 so I can retire and sail as much as I can and
    to buy each and everything on my list as well as to grant everybody in this forum their CO26 Christmas wish       
    particularly to those who are dreaming of owning a Contessa 26 and to one particular person out west (see
    above) who deserves to call another Contessa her own once again.  So send me winning vibes and who knows,
    maybe I'll announce it in January when we get together at the boat show.  Until then, Merry Christmas to all
    and may all your craziest dreams come true.

Cheers all!

Jose

Ah, a Christmas list.  Well I may as throw in with this.  I think my main wish is one that will have to wait until the Spring.  I plan to repaint the interior, decks and hull so my wish is for a warm, dry spring.  If the wishes could be extended to others (as they should be) then I too would wish for a certain northwestern member of the group to be able to find a new boat and get back into the swing of it all and to all members of the group that all their projects go smooth and come in under budget.  Have a Merry Xmas all.
Jim R., Lua #190

...one more wish - shipping companies and captains who would sincerely try to keep the waters only naturally hazardous to us and our tiny boats by keeping their cargo containers to themselves and maintaining reliable watches as the past captains and crew felt it was their duty to do...