1 (edited by Shannon 2007-01-05 15:23:17)

Topic: GUESS......................WHAT............?????????????? !!!!!!!!!!!

Hello again, everyone, and you are NOT going to believe it....BUT............remember when I said the only way I could afford another Contessa 26 was if I found one for $5,000 Canadian.............well, I DID!!!!1

I AM SO EXCITED I CANNOT EVEN THINK STRAIGHT, AND IT WAS SO HARD KEEPING THE SECRET FROM YOU ALL UNTIL I KNEW IT HAD HAPPENED!!!!

I know you are wondering which boat.....and for me, it is older than my last love........but  I look at it as if her and I have just been "to hell and back", as she's a 1976 (AM STILL TRYING TO DETERMINE, PAPERS ARRIVING SOON) , and will need lots of TLC....but she is BEAUTIFUL TO ME!!!
I am so happy....and I have to say it was one of you guys on this site....(and all of you have been so good while I went through my own private hell that led to me loosing my first Co26...) that sent me the latest Boat for Sale link that had the Contessas for sale and I bought the $5,500 one!!! 
She is a registered vessel, black hull, (I LOVE those dark hulls, yes!!!)  Trailer!!!  Cradle!!!  And an apparently running Petter engine............oh my heavens I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!

Let's just say that I was a tad nervous whilst depositing thousands of dollars into a strange man's bank account with nothing but hope, and faith?!?!  that I would receive a boat in return, har har!!!
However, he is a broker with a reputation, and has already setup the boat to be "put on the rails", so she is coming out to me by train (and was only $1,400 to do that!!!!!)........that's right, I bought her sight unseen, (except for pictures) and no survey, ETC!!  So, I broke all rules in the book, (and believe me, it was very hard to deposit hard earned dollars into some Montreal bank account......)   but I did have a couple of you secretly view a photo or two for me to help me see if it was for real, and if I really was  crazy.........thank you...and yes, I am crazy?!!!   

SO, I AM BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!  Oh my god, sorry, but I am just thrilled, I have missed you all so much...............;-D

And of course I have some pictures..........and will know the hull # when the papers arrive to me.  She's a registered vessel also.....so no PST on them, I have now discovered!  Her arrival date should be in a week or so, and I will put her on the hard for bit while I figure out where to keep her, as I had not planned on this, so have no moorage at the moment!!!  But with her on a trailer, my options are so much more wide open.......

Ok, I have to get back to work - (still no one I know understands the love of boats, and especially the Co26 - and NO ONE BUT YOU GUYS KNOW I AM DOING THIS,  heh heh...)

So, you will see ALOT of  me again!!...........as I will have ALOT of projects and things "to do"  boy oh boy, FUN and Exciting........I will make my new love as beautiful as my previous one.....she'll simply be older and wiser, like me....

Thank you all again for your support......you spurred  me on to keep my chin up and pursue my dream and continue the hunt.....and I was successful, I have to tell you, I never thought I'd find a boat for that price.......TALK TO YOU ALL LATER!!!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Re: GUESS......................WHAT............?????????????? !!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, welcome back (not that you really ever left)!  The boat looks great.  I wish you could have seen Lua the first time I saw her, makes yours look like a gold-plater.  Can't wait to see more pictures and see what you do with her.  By the way, what's her name?  Best of luck.

Welcome back. You must tell us how the train move goes. I am interested in trans-Canada transport in the future and did not know that rail was an option.

Wow Shannon , congratulations, she looks nice! a lot better than mine did when I bought her, and a running diesel, I have parts if you need them.

Shannon,

It's WONDERFUL, i'm so glad for you. My vocabulary is limited and the few words that come to my mind are all similar to FANTASTIC.

One song came to my mind when i read your post ( i'm not good for telling which one is it) the refrain is : "We are the champion my friend..." Shannon you are a winner and you deserve it.

You make my day.

Marc xxx (internet kiss are 100% free of germ ;-)

Contessa 26 #158
Sun Wave
Montreal QC

Oh, you guys are so awesomely wonderful...I am so glad to be back!!!

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement and the kind "my boat was in way worse shape", how gallant of you men!  :-)

And thank you for all your fine words, *blush*, I look forward to all our discussions and ideas and pictures we will be trading back and forth.....

I am going to set up a cool website like some of you have (the Frapper thing? Myspace?! ) and whatever they are, and I will do a neat blog like some of you again have done....as that is so fun to see how everyone is progressing, as well as read their accomplishments that day...ie "removed toerail, banged head 15 times, dropped drill in water, found wrench in bilge", etc...

And I look forward to learning about the Petter.....Yes, Peter, I will be calling on you and others who own the same beast...

Until then...I hold my breath until she arrives......

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Hey Shannon!

Glad to have you back in full force.  She's a real gem and you of all people deserved to restore another Contessa to say the least.  I guess 2006's Christmas wish committee sent you some real good karma as we thoroughly missed your input in the forum.  We'll be looking for your blogspot highlighting your journey back and we're collectively happy for you to say the least.  Needless to say, your new year is starting on a very high note.  Enjoy the new ride!

Cheers!!

José

9 (edited by Bill NH 2007-01-04 08:35:32)

Congrats Shannon!  Guess you'll have to change your profile from "Ex-Rhiannon" now!
What's the new boat's name?

Shannon, sounds like the boat found you ! :-)

Did you keep that Navik you bought for the old boat ? I'll send you some oictures of my installation this winter.

All the best and look forward to the updates.

Andrew

----------
If the memories are better than the dreams then it's all over.....
[url=http://www.contessa26moonshine.me.uk]www.contessa26moonshine.me.uk[/url]

11 (edited by Shannon 2007-01-05 10:20:44)

Hey, again!!!!  Nothing like answering my own posts, hey? GRIN!!!

I have not yet thought of a name, ok, I fibbed, I have been, not sure if she will be a slightly different version of past name, or a new name showing her and my independent spirt, or a third name I have been toying with.....however, it will be a powerful female figure, whatever her name!

I sold the Navik with the "old" boat, sniff....but will likely get something else similar...but not sure how well balanced she will be, so not sure what type to get....I am leaning towards the easiest to install, however, as I dislike putting holes in the boat...but alas, it is really up in the air, as if another good deal comes by on any windvane, I will buy first and ask questions later, heh heh!!! 

Her name now is Ketchi Manitou, not sure what that means....and yes, is seems like she found me, as I was not looking....oh, I kind of was, but not really......oh heck, I am fibbing alot, aren't I?!   Thanks again, I am so glad to be back........

I will also do a writeup on her transport from Montreal to Vancouver by Train...very surprisingly cheap, $1,500, but she must be on a trailer.  I am trying to get pics of her on the train, too!

Welcome back, Shannon. I'm new here but read your old posts with much interest. My husband & I just bought an old, sad Contessa that we're hoping to bring back from the near-dead. Glad to have a little a sister in the struggle! I post updates on our progress to our blog at http:contessa26.wordpress.com. Congratulations!

LaDonna

LaDonna & Rob

Check out our progress on 'Tess' at [url]http://contessa26.wordpress.com/[/url]

Cool, I look forward to watching your progress, LaDonna....I have seen and read the start of yours just before I bought mine....and you have lots of great detail and...lots of supposed-to-be-fun work ahead, as I am sure I do!

Thank you for keeping your blog up to date, I will be setting mine up when I get closer to the date when I can actually touch her....up to three weeks on a train, I believe, and not sure if she left today or not...if not, then next Friday she will start her slow but sure jaunt....just like in the water...Ok, I'm getting silly, later!!!!

After a long stay at my parents, who have only very slow dial up internet service, I can reply.  I like to say it is great to see your name on the forum once again and the joy you put in all your messages.  Also, your boat looks great and if I can figure out a way, I like to get a similar color to my boat.  I am not one for white items.  Also, I just wanted to say, my "Cavendysh" is now a registered boat with the USCG, as I just got the offical papers in the mail.  Now I need to get to work on my list of boat's needs before spring gets here.  Anyway, Congradulation and I look forward to seeing your new boat blossum. jklee