Topic: Thank you , Seeadler

Once again I enjoyed reading your trip log for your Atlantic Ocean circumnavigation . I beleive that most Contessa owners bought their sailboat to maybe someday under go such a passage . Owning a Contessa is a great first step for those with a mission or a dream . The affordability of the Contessa allows most people the opportunity to do the same kind of trip that is usually done on larger more expensive craft . I had the opportunity to crew from Tenerife to Sint Marrtin on a 64 Baltic last year , something I always wanted to try . Although I enjoyed the transat very much ( excellent captain and crew ) there is alot to be said about singlehanding a small sailboat across or around the Atlantic . The boat that I was on was awesome, but at times I found that I lost touch with the experience as we had alot of luxuries not found on a small sailboat . I can imagine what it must of been like watching those large Atlantic rollers continually coming up behind you in a sailboat so close to the water . Maybe , someday , others will take the big leap like you did , reading a trip log about somebody that did certainly helps to inspire the rest of us . Thank you for sharing your experience !