Topic: re Lister Petter

Send pics and descriptive verbage to me at mhall AT pocketcruisers.com

Perhaps the stuff would be appropriate in the "technical" section of the "Contessa Corner" site.

Re: re Lister Petter

I have a Petter and would be interested to see what you have done.  And I have just replaced all my portlights with Bronze if that helps you.

Christopher

Contessa 26 #158
Sun Wave
Montreal QC

Check out eBay for ports.  Keep a watch, every few days or so.  I bought a set of Bomar cast alums, 4x12 for the Vberth, and 2 sets of Bomar Passage Stainless ports, 6x18 for the main cabin ports.  It will require a bit of glasswork to close up the aft cutout, but they'll look (and work) great.  Total cost:  less than the list price of one Bomar cast alum port.

Hello everyone
I am hereby joining you,I am very happy that someone thought of this kind of forum .I have a Contessa 26(Irish Mist )which I am completely refiting .I did few mods that do not alter integrity of the boat but are in my opinion very worthwhite .For instance to my Lister Petter instaling a glow plug ,a thermostat ,its temperature gage and high temp alarm ,a sensor for oil pressure ,its gage with low pressure alarm .I fabricated a water pump on bearing with the custom ajustable braket and independant drive belt set up .I put an anod in the motor etc. all this to make sure it delivers its specified performance and to minimize any risks
If anyone is interested I will be glad to send them the pictures .    I just removed the old portlights and would like your comments and suggestions how you replace them ,what's the best way to go about it ,I was thinking of putting brass ,it is rather costle,but is it the best solution to get rid of any leaking.
I would like the forum administrator to indicate to me if I can send my pictures of the refit ,where in what section would it be best to place them for reference .
Thank you all.......Pierre      (Irish Mish )