Topic: BIKA heading for USA/Canada summer 2007

Hi everyone.
We have decided to speed up our plans a little, and plan to arrive in New York by June this year. (Go from Bahamas either directly to NYC, or go in at Beaufort/Cape Hatteras.) Then take the Hudson River and Erie Canal to Lake Ontario, then the Trent Seven canal to Georgian Bay, where we hope to spend the winter. We'll look for a cabin, and put BIKA on the hard for the cold months, and look forward to proper winter again. Blueberries and bears, here we come!
Maybe we will see some of you along the way?
Henrik and Nina in BIKA.

Re: BIKA heading for USA/Canada summer 2007

Ah, does this mean a gathering this summer with them on Lake Ontario?  I know some of you live close to Georgian Bay area, which could help them.  Something we can work on for the up coming sailing season. ~jklee

Hello Henrik and Nina!

I'm definitely in with regards to meeting up with you.  I'll be up and down Lake Ontario this summer so just give me your itinerary and I'll meet up with you along with along with, I'm sure, some if not all the Lake Ontario members of the group.  Looking forward to seeing you!

Cheers!

José

I agree with Jose - will be very glad to link up with you.

Cheers.

ivanross "Morava" #266

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Bika, keep us posted on your schedule....I now know that if you have a trailer, you can put your boat on a train for quite cheap to get across Canada.  Fair winds........by both land and sea!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

I'd be very happy to link up too.

If cruising the Erie Canal, you'll eventually motor into Oneida Lake.  You can tie up overnight at Sylvan Beach (on the east end of the lake), and my mates and I will treat you to a dinner at the Crazy Clam.  Over Draft II is docked only a short distance away, so expect Contessa company.  Let me know your schedule.