Topic: A ride

I'm considering buying a Contessa 26 that is presently on the hard and needs some work.  I'd like an opportunity to sail on a sister ship to see how it sails and if I can  get the mainsail up etc. (my last boat was only 17' and very easy to sail).  Is there anyone in the southern Ontario area that would be willing to take me out for a short sail??  Suzeh

Re: A ride

I am in Bayfield, only an hours drive from Waterloo, with a '73 Contessa. You are most welcome. I am there most weekends, or with enough notice can make it during the week.

Jim

Wow!  What a co-inky-dink!  I was thinking about driving over to Lake Huron to say good-bye to the beach on the long weekend.  If you're around and available, I'd LOVE to visit you and your boat.  Bayfield is such a nice little town.  I'll try not to inundate you with too many questions and the beer (or other suitable refreshment) is on me.  My email is <suzeh@rogers.com>.  Give me a shout and we'll set up a convenient time.  Suzeh

Well, this weekend I will be finally launching my Cavendysh on Lake Erie.  After a number of projects and a 40 day detail out in the western states on wildfire, I am looking forward to sailing.  I am looking to do a crossing over to Canada in next 2-3 weekends.  We can set up a sail so you can see a post 1983 Contessa 26 along with a new windvane and traveller system for the mainsail.  ~jklee

Hi John!  Sure, by all means.  It would be nice to visit again and to hear all your Contessa and firefighting stories....not to mention having a look at all you've done to your boat!  Send me an email when you're travel details are figured out and we'll set something up.  Sue.