1 (edited by KodiakGirl 2008-01-20 13:54:04)

Topic: Tania Aebi in Cruising World

Re: Tania Aebi in Cruising World

By all means, scan them and post them in the gallery. We'll see about a special section after that.

The link doesn't seem to work (or maybe it's just my lousy connection).

Murphy was an optimist........

I used to have her second book, which included many of these articles. It was autographed and everything. My (non-sailing) ex-wife has kept it.

AHA! finally got it!! I was looking at the size of photo in dimensions, not total size! I got the cover one done, gotta run! almost late for work! but go to general photos and its there on page 5. I will scan resize & upload the rest soon. Beunos Nachos (thats good afterNOON, right? smile

Hi everyone,
well thats it! I scanned, resized to the closest to maximum size pictures allowed in the gallery, and uploaded all the articles and pictures I found so far. took me nearly 3 hours to do it all! If I find anymore will be sure to scan them in, I got it down now! I tried to keep the articles all in order, but for some reason they got all out of order once uploaded to the gallery- must be those website gremlins out there. Anyways, I numbered the two articles, one pages 1-8 for 1988 and the other pages 1-7 for 1987. the rest are just one page articles. For some reason, I can neither edit nor delete any pictures once they are posted- it is rather aggravating, but maybe that was one downside to the good spam blocker? so there may be more than one of some of the pictures. I apologize that the printing is so small! hopefully you all can read it- bring your magnifying glasses! Oh and does that second link to those other online Tania articles work? it works for me when I click on it, so let me know if you have trouble with it. Thanks and have fun reading!

I met her at the Toronto Boat Show, where she was promoting the book. It was absolutely fascinating to meet her.

10 (edited by KodiakGirl 2008-02-22 02:45:44)

Thanks, Kodiak.

The link works.

Perfect timing, at this time of year, waiting for the spring launch to arrive,  able to read about such an adventure !

Thanks Jimco, I too was glad to read about Tania finally getting to sail her dream! Still an awesome writer, I couldn't sign off until I read the whole site! smile Helps the rest of us to keep dreaming....