Topic: BIKA suggests CO26 Gathering in May

Nina and Henrik, owners of the BIKA, are currently themselves, on the hard, in far northern Alberta, Canada, but anticipating spring and sailing around Lake Ontario/Toronto/1000 Islands, where they left the BIKA last September. They expect to be in that area from "end of May and one month ahead before taking the Trent-Severn Canal." Wondering if folks would be interested in a CO26 gathering. They aren't near a computer, let alone the internet, but you can contact us (Don and Geri in upstate NY) regarding the possibilities. Email is dkwagner@syr.edu, or geriw@twcny.rr.com.

Re: BIKA suggests CO26 Gathering in May

I'm definitely in for this rendezvous.  A couple of our forum members who have been on the hard for the last few seasons and a relatively  new boat owner will be in the water this season as it has been revealed during our TO Boat Show get together so this may be the opportune time for them to show off what they've been toiling at all these years.  Doubly exciting as we can actually sail with Bika for a time and get some quality time with Nina and Henrik and hear more about their past and future travels.  The more the better!

José

I would certainly be up for that and would even take Morava down to Toronto.

Cheers

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Well, I live in Toronto, so no big deal for me. I have no boat right now though. I'll have to crew on Jose's.

Cool!  I am not sure at present time if we will be able to get our Contessa (Over Draft II) from Oneida Lake to Toronto, but we could drive up if need be.  The BIKA crew is incommunicato in the far north for the winter, but we are starting to recieve packages from Norway for them, so I am sure they will be in touch with us about anticpated dates.  As we hear more, we'll post to this list.

Don

Hi all,
we are giving a talk about our travels at the Frenchmans Bay YC Friday 13th, at 8-8:30 pm, with "open boat" an hour before the slideshow.
What about having a Contessa gathering around this? There is lots of space to anchor in the bay. We will be docked at the YC Friday-Saturday, and anchored in the bay before and after.
It'd be nice to meet other Co26'ers, compare boats and just meet. Anyone interested, any suggestions?
Nina and Henrik

Hello All,

Bika's talk on tomorrow at Frenchman's Bay should be a treat to anybody who is fortunate enough to make it.  I truly, truly recommend it and it's a chance for everyone to see how an ocean going Contessa 26 is rigged and configured from the inside & out and Nina and Henrik are more than willing to answer any questions that you may have.  Hope to see you all there.

José

Can you be so nice and take photos of the event for those of us unable to wonder north for the enjoyable time. jklee