Topic: Wanted:sails and Rudder plans

I just bought a 1975 JJ Taylor contessa 26 and need to get a rudder or build one,and was also wondering if anyone wanted to sell some used sails.

Re: Wanted:sails and Rudder plans

I have an old main, old as in the original for my boat from 1985.  It's has been re-worked to a full battened sail and is a bit stretched, but it still drives the boat and is better than nothing.  Only way it really sort of sucks is when you want to flatten it for upwind work in a brisk wind, but reef it and she'll flatten right out.  It's set up for jiffy (slab) reefing.  You can have it for the price of shipping, or come and get it.   I'll likely retire my hank on no. 3 genoa at the end of this season too.  It still trims out well but is getting a bit frayed at the corners.  Same price, but I may decide to hang onto it to turn it into an on-deck sail cover.  Maybe you'd trade and old no.3 for some canvas?

Yes I would definitly be interested in that, where are you located? If not I would be happy to send you some money for shipping

I replied to your e-mail with an affirmative answer.  Let me know if you don't get any email.