Topic: Truck and Trailer for rent (1 day job)??

I bought a 1974 Contessa earlier this year in Buffalo where it has spent its' entire life. The Vire engine is inoperable, and I'm not going to invest heavily into restoring a 35 yr old gas engine. The boats new home will be Cape Vincent NY (240 road miles). Is anyone who owns a trailer and truck interested in informally contracting w/ me to move this boat?   Thanks, Chris

Re: Truck and Trailer for rent (1 day job)??

wow   we're going to have a nice little fleet in that end of the lake...

are you going to commute from PA to Cape Vincent??

Actually, yes.  My sister has a place in Cape Vincent, and I'm in the process of negotiating on a small commercial building there.  It's a great place to spend time in the summer, and after having sailed in many salt water locations over the years, the Great Lakes offer the best combination of clean water(that happens to be fresh!), a virtually unlimited number of destinations, and distances that make for trips that are practical and reasonable for those of us who still must work.  I can live w/ the 5 hr drive to get there.  The NJ shore is only 90 minutes(at 2AM), but it's wall to wall people(and traffic), and lost the appeal it had when I was kid in the 50's and 60's.

you're right - theres no better place to sail and muck around

i still have to get my passport yet - never made it to the Cape during my short season last year, but next season I sure will.