Topic: 2009 Boat Show

Anyone else out there in Contessa land making the trip to TO for a midwinter boat fix?

Re: 2009 Boat Show

If all things line up, I will be making he trip north. I missed last years trip due to training session I had to go to, so I am looking forward to this year trip. jklee

I am most certainly going to be there this year.

Cheers

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Me too!

.                               ,,,,,
                               (o o)
------------------oOO---(_)---OOo------------------

I'll most likely be there.  suzeh.

I'm also going to be there... if all things line up OK.
By then my wife and I will need a fix.
jose

Hope everyone's Christmas season is going well and a Happy New Year to all. We're getting closer to launch day, (only 4 1/2 months away), but there is the Toronto Boat Show first, Jan 10 to 18. Anyone have any preference for a date we can all meet and have a beer?

Cheers to all
                                                    John & Jane

(o o)

i'll be there the 10th along with a great (but non contessan) contingent of people that we hang out with on the water and as far as i know we're all at the sheraton for the boat show special...

The 10th or the 17th will be fine with me.

Hey Everyone!

Long time to post but it's great to be back.  Count me in for the 10th!  Looking forward to seeing everyone again.  Did you get those errant rubrails yet, Gadget?  You're leaving the dock this coming season with or without them!!! ;-)

José

Yes I've got them and they look absolutely fantastic in the basement, Ha! I hope to get them on this winter.
Anyway it looks like the 10th is a good day. I don't know a location or time yet, I'll try to find a floor plan and see where the bar is.

(o o)

Weather permitting I'll be there for the day only... I can't get a place to stay over night that is reasonable... so where are we meeting? and who is heading this up... your way of course... I'm too far away.

jose

Hi all - well I can't make the 10th - looks like I will be there on the 17th.  Have a great time.

Cheers

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

14 (edited by John Lee 2009-01-07 14:49:45)

We can meet at the boathouse where they give the talks. We can meet at 2pm then wonder over to the food spot where there are the long tables for our gathering. That is what we did 2 years ago. Anyone have a better idea? On my stay, due to the economy, I am at the motel 6 at $60/night (Appleby, just off QEW at ext 107) and 1.5 miles walk to the railway station. For $15, I can have someone else drive me to the boatshow and back. That is as economical as I could find. Not the best set up but it will work. jklee

Ivan

Too bad you can be there on the 10th... I can be at either weekend... so what dose the majority say.

jose

I am committed now for 10th with my hotel regristation.

Last year they didn't have the boathouse stage and instead gave the seminars in a lecture hall.  I couldn't find the seminar stage on the online floorplan, but why don't we meet at the entrance to the seminar stage at two -- I'm sure it will be easy to find once there -- and then head to the closest bar.  They are scattered throughout the building.  Would that work for everyone?
John how far off the 401 is your hotel?  Email me.  Suzeh.

19 (edited by stefan_d 2009-01-07 12:02:53)

Sounds good.  If I make it to the show, I'll be at the Bistro at 2:00. Suzeh.

21 (edited by John Lee 2009-01-07 15:25:31)

wow.  looks like the boat show people have their acts in gear.

the pdf link for the 2009 show has the bar in the northeast corner, i think the interactive one is from 2008.

northland rec. and west marine look like theyre in the general same spots as last year, there should be a refreshment stand nearby....... 

hope to see you guys sat!

Just a note. We had a nice time on the 10th at the boatshow. It took some time to get a table but we got one right where we were standing. Interestingly from my stand point, I got to get two new boat owners and Sue, who I saw my first visit to Boatshow in 2006, but none from the first gathering in 2007:-( Back then I had the least sailing time for the summer, as I was a new owner but this time the most sail with only 7 last summer. Anyway, it was get seeing everyone and hope to see you on the site with more conversations. jklee

Sorry John

The weather just didn't cooperate... are there any pictures for us to look at.

jose

Sorry, no photo. I had my camera with me but forgot.

Understand the weather situation. I got to drive on snowy QEW all the way to New York the next morning and arrived home to 22cm to 26cm of new snow to shovel. We got another 8cm today to add to the wintry weather here. Hopefully next year we can get together.