Topic: website

Does anyone visit this site any longer? Certainly none or very few of you have any interest in posting.....
This is our community and will stay alive only if we feed it. In addition to being a valuable source  information for our boats an active website  also adds untold $$ value to them.
Put down the sanders, rollers and brushes and find your way to your keyboard.

Re: website

i'm still here!

things are usually pretty quiet this time of year....  sleepy boats and all.

I'm here too.  Dreaming of various boat projects and doodling like mad.  Spring is just around the corner and I am trying to clear the metaphorical decks so I can play with my boat!

I'm also here... just got back from Strickly Sail Chicago... can't wait till she's in the water again...

I'm here.  Here more often (much more often) than at my boat these days!

Thanx guys for letting me know I'm not the only one out here....

And while I've got your attention. let me ask again if any of you know about the Cape Horn vs Monitor?
The Monitor is certainly more popular, albiet heavier and more expensive, but the Cape Horn guy does do a pretty impressive song and dance about his unit. It's lighter and less expensive.
This is a big chunk of change and want to do it once and right.
All ears open............

Hell, I don't even have a boat and I'm here!

It's always good to read the new posts you guys have made.

I visit this site almost daily, seeing if anyone has something to say. I have a boat that needs new motor mounts and I am hoping that Bill - boatyard worker will be back this spring to help me through this adventure. I keep wondering how my boat is doing under all the snow up on Lake Erie, 2-hrs away.

I have a Cape Horn and enjoy it though I am still trying to learn how to set it correctly. When you sail Solo, it is a bear to set, but that maybe that I am a rookie on setting them. I have been dreaming about this problem also. When you put the Cape Horn on, make sure you have someone small to crawl into the back end of the boat to tighten up all the nuts and bolts. I got stuck one time when the boatyard worker had to leave while I was 3/4 of the way in the small back cockpit locker tighting a nut or two. Without someone to pull me straight up and out, I had to flap my legs and lower body in the air to wiggly myself out of the locker. No one saw this but it would have made you roll over laughing see two leg flopping in the air with upper body attached. It took 20 minutes to get out on my own and I was beat for the day. The second time I had to down there, I made sure the boatyard helper stayed and it only took a minute in and out to tighten up the last nuts, that were too far a stretch to get to and we did try that first. I will always remember that moment with my boat, as I almost became one with her on that warm day.

I'm still here to read your interesting posts.

John - I've been there too!  when i bought my boat I was around 15 pounds lighter, and spent about as many hours in the cockpit lockers replacing deck coring above.  As fun and snug as it was in that little space, I could have done without the fiberglass dust.

4 years, some very good eating, and a few very tasty beers later I still manage to get  in and out of the lockers on each side to hold the nutz and washerz  on the backside of each backstay tang....

Hi there,

I just joined recently. I am in the process of paying off a JJ Taylor Contessa 26 (1979). She is on the hard, but will be coming home to me soon.I am then going to do a flurry of repairs and should be in the water by March or mid April. At that point I may or may not circumnavigate Vancouver Island as a sea trial. And after that I plan on setting sail for the Caribean and beyond. I am currently building a website that will chronicle my work and plans, much as other members have done. It is my first site and with a little advice should be done soon.

Anyways I think that the Contessa Corner is a great site and it will probably pick up momentum again soon.

Frank.

I am still here and would love some response to some questions I have posted! I am a relatively new sailor in Alaska and trying to find out any rollerfurling advice for the Contessa and also, if anyone ever wants to do a boat trade in Kachemak Bay in summer, for a warm weather place in winter! (non-simultaneos)!
Maybe most of us are northern sailors, though, but I would be happy to host anyone who wants to visit here in the summer months~
Kristin

For sure!

Hi All:

There is a silent majority out here.
Silent, but attentive. Even if we aren't checking in as often.

We are too busy watching Tim's work on Equinox. WOW, RB great stuff.

Jim

Actually, I have been glued to the Vundee Globe Race, as they have been dropping like flies. Still 3rd place is still a race as is 5th and 6th place. After that I will get back to our Contessa'a 26. jklee