Topic: websites

For any of you, most of you, who are doing any work on your boat check out these websites
Glissando Pearson Triton #381 (google it) and  Plastic Classic Forum (google). Most of this stuff is very helpful and fun to look at...

Re: websites

equinox is coming along nicely...!

did you ever decide to pull the genny track?

i would have liked to see the rudder cheeks off the rudder and finished separately before paint............

you'll never need to worry about a thru hull though - you ought to be able to lift the boat by that installation!

We didn't remove genny track. The backing nuts were virtually inaccesibe. If the track leaks under way then we will revisit this next time. This won't be easy.
l wasn't sure if he was going to remove the rudder cheeks, yes this would of made for a better paint/varnish line perhaps, but I trust him to make decisions in my best interest regards to need and cost. In my view he hasn't missed a beat.

I had success with Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure.  The stuff is a penetrating glue which can follow the path of the water entering the boat along the genoa tracks and will seal everything up.  Worked great for two seasons but I discovered water in the same area on my last haulout.  It may not be a permanent solution but it is the easiest that I can see for the genoa tracks.  A little goes a long way.

Christopher,
Thanx for the tip. If the track leaks the next step will be to get some Capt. Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure.