Topic: New Mail Sail

Hello everyone:

Just purchased a new main sail for Morava.  I had been using the orginial, which was 29 years old.  I had the sail made by Kingston Sail Loft, right in Kingston, Ontario.  I cannot complement these two sail makers enough.  The sail looks fantastic and is well made.  Everything is hand made and she fits Morava like a glove.  I had two reefing points installed, with a loose fit and full battens.

The final price with taxes was $1,800 CAD and while there are cheaper sails out there many of my quotes from other companies such as UK Halsey and North Sales where in the approximate price range of $1,300 to $1,500.  So I paid more but I do not think you could get a better sail.  So apologies if I sound like a commercial for these guys but it is really nice to see the workmanship on the sail.  By far this is the most expensive item I have pruchased for Morava but since that sail is the "main" sail I figured it was worth it. 

Once I get a picture of it up I will post it on the web site.

Cheers

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Re: New Mail Sail

andy and jc are true craftsmen.

if you think you got good service, wait until you take that sail in for a repair/inspection.  they will make that sail last, and not charge you a penny more than any repair is worth.

Re: New Mail Sail

I couldn't agree more.  They reparied my Storm Jib that Andy made for my Dad 25 years ago and also fixed a rip in the Genoa for fifty bucks without trying to talk me into buying new sails.

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266