Topic: Stanchion Base

Probably have to machine one unless you can find in a used boat parts/exchange place...you could machine and have them weld the support piece right on, so it is no longer two parts...that would be stronger all the way around...you don't really  need the little "loop" thing (sorry, not sure the terminology!)

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Re: Stanchion Base

Try calling Holland Marine in Toronto. They have stantions and pulpits for boats that are out of production. They bought out parts from manufacturers in the area when they went out of business. I do not know if they has Contessa stuff, but it is worth a try and if not, they may know of a source.

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Last year my Contessa sustained damage while on a pontoon during a storm. I had to repair a section of the starboard side rubbing stake and I now want to replace the midships stanchion base which was also damaged. I have sourced a replacement, but it is not the same size as the original one. Does anybody know where I could get an original replacement?