Topic: Source for Cinkel Spar Parts

Mark, I have recently purchased a contessa and am wondering how the boom is riggied for reeffing.  It has three pulleys on the outhaul end, I am not sure why?  It seems that the 2 pulleys on the side of the boom would be for reefing.

Don

Re: Source for Cinkel Spar Parts

Don, did you ever get your reefing figured out?  (I thought I read all the posts, but see I missed this one!)
The three rollers are for: outhaul, 1st reef, 2nd reef.  I reef at the mast, and have so far found the jam cleats to work fine...and I reef alot! ;-)  I have a winch on the mast, nothing on the boom.  I have a loosefooted  main, and i have three reefs...for offshore I will take off the first reef and "move the lines up", so the first becomes the second, effectively eliminating the first reef, which is really just a flattening reef anyways?!  IE: when I reef, I wanna REEF!  ;-)
I sail singlehanded all the time, so I've learned what works quickly and initially I started with no experience! (have owned my Contessa for just about two years!)
So it seems like a good system.
Let me know and I can send you pictures and a description I have written for other people describing the simplistic layout of my reef lines!
Shannon

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”