Topic: Bukh mounts

It looks like I need to get new mounts for my Bukh engine. My engine is shaking pretty good now and so is the tiller. Next weekend I start the winter storage process and was going to have engine lifted to look at the mounts. Has anyone done this or know where one can buy them. I searched our website but nothing for Bukh.  jklee

Re: Bukh mounts

might want to look at r&d small shear loaded mounts - i used these for my yanmar reinstallation (theres a photo in the gallery). they seem to work really well, a bit jumpy at idle but great for cruise, very little fore and aft deflection when running.

After you fix the mounts, do not forget to check the engine-shaft alignment when the boat is back in the water. It may have been the original cause of the mounts failing. If the new mounts are different, you will also need to re-align.

Well, I finally got my new Bukh motor mounts on and the boat so far rides a lot smoother when motoring. I tried to get my mounts from Waterway Diesel Center but they never answered my phone calls or my e-mails. So I tried North Jersey Marine by e-mail (the only way to communicate with them) and they got back to me (they do evening e-mails it seems) and within a week I had them ordered on their way to me. The list for $749.37 but was sold to me at 475.00 plus s/h cost of $17. If you ever need to get a hold of them, email them at rbainnjmdiesels AT hotmail.com , I believe the owner is Bob, nice person. He was happy when I e-mailed him a photo of my old motor mounts so that he got me the right ones for me. Anyway, Thanks for the above info. I do have photos in the Gallery for your viewing. jklee

I just saw the pics of your motor. I see that there is a floor a few inches below the engine. Is this the bottom of the bilge or a tray that is part of the motor mount? My bilge (hull 161) is 3 ft deep from in front of the engine back to the rudder. Is this a feature of the later boats?

I too have a built in tray/floor right back to gerabox... it's about 2 to 3 inchs from motor... collects any drippings

jose