Topic: Sospenders-style life vests, West Marine brand, manual type

I have 3 of these, manual type, which inflate via a pressurized gas cartridge (pull on a ring) or with a backup inflatable tube you breath into. I prefer these over automatic inflating vests which sometimes inflate on their own, at the worst moments of course. I used them for coastal sailing on the Great Lakes and liked them because they were comfortable to wear. These life vests were bought for onboard guests so have only been worn occaisionally by same. West Marine says that the gas inflation cartridges and bobbins should be replaced. I bought the vests about 5 years ago, I believe. As I recollect price, new, was $99.
      One vest has been inflated so it needs a replacement gas cartridge and bobbin, obtainable from West Marine for a few dollars. (Look at the 2009 West Marine Catalog p 114 "Coastal Comfort Manual inflatable Life Vest" ad for a similar vest.)  The 2009 West Marine Catalogue says these vests "service interval" is two years by which I believe they mean that the gas cartridges and bobbins should be replaced every two years.
      I inflated one of the vests in June of 2009, just out of curiosity to see how it worked (it did! I did inflate it by mouth last week and it has held air for many days).   They are in good condition, always stored in dry lockers. I've sold my Contessa so I won't be needing these vests anymore. They are for medium size persons over 80 lbs.   
       I'll sell the two with unused inflation cartridges for $40 each plus shipping.
       I'll sell the one without an inflation cartridge for $25 plus shipping.
email me if you have questions.
captnemo@ku.edu