Topic: Bukh for sale

I'm going to repower my 1986 co26 and will be looking for a home for my low hour 10 hp Bukh.
Any interest?

Re: Bukh for sale

how much?  I've got an original farymann which is tempermental.  you happen to know whether mounts and transmission/shaft alignment for the bukh are the same?

I haven't come up with a price yet.
I don't know about the footprint and shaft. Maybe someone out there will . . . .
The motor has low hours, don't know how many though, and runs well according to the suveyor. I have not run it since I bought the boat  nearly four years ago.
I am suspect about the flywheel alternator/generator arrangement.
My boat is going to be refit this fall/winter replacing the Bukh with a Beta. Tim Lackey (Northern Yacht Restoration) will pull the Bukh, make a stand for it, and run it up.  Then we can decide what it's worth. Not this summer, maybe  well in to the fall or winter.
I'll keep you posted.

Hello:

I need to replace, among other things, the cylinder head on my 30 year old Bukh 10.  I am also considering replacing the entire engine.  Have you determined what you are going to do with your Bukh?

Regards,

Josh

5 (edited by rbporter 2009-03-08 08:09:52)

My  Bukh DV-8  is available.
It has low hours, how many I don't know.
There's no rust on the motor. The paint is flaking off however but the paint does still have its' new luster.
It looks very good!
I also have the mounts, panel, wiring harness, parts manual, shop manual and owners manual, seven new oil filters, new temp. sender switch and a new spare impeller. I also have the manuals on CD.
I have never run it. The motor was run by the surveyor four years ago when I bought the boat but I was not there at the time. I do have his report though.
I think this would be a good bet if you were repowering and wanted to replace your old Bukh with this and use your old motor for a valuable source of parts.
It has different value to different people. I don't want to give it away.
I'm selling this because I've repowered with a new Beta 13.5. I just wanted a new motor for my refitted boat...

Is your DV8 bukh still for sale? If so could you email me a davehayes500#hotmail.com     I changed the @ to # so as to stop any spam mail.

7 (edited by rbporter 2010-04-16 16:43:19)