Topic: oil pressure sensor on a K34 ????

Hello all

I was reading about an issue someone was having with their oil pressure on their K34and that got me to thinking.
Current my engine(farymann K34) does not have an oil pressure warning light installed. Does any one here have such a light and any advice on how to install one?
One of my complaints with my farymann is that, as it is installed, it has no warning lights/instruments to speak off, oil pressure, hour meter etc.

John

Re: oil pressure sensor on a K34 ????

Hi John,

I believe you were reading about my oil pressure issue.  I logged in here to post the same question I had on other forums...  "What are the idle and nominal oil pressures on a Farymann K34 diesel?"
For what it's worth, what I have found so far...
Service manual states:  Idle (7psi), Nominal (23psi)
Farymann website:  Idle (1.8bar=26psi) ... We've determined this is clearly incorrect information.
Experienced mechanic:  "You can probably run the K34 down to 3-5psi and not have problems."  And, when asked if 15-18psi is acceptable, he agreed that it's sufficient.

My engine is running at 10psi at idle but only 15-18psi at full revs.  I am trying to find out if this is "normal" or if it is not receiving enough lubrication.

Now back to your question...  I have taken a few pictures will happily e-mail them to you.  I'll take better ones on the weekend to show you how it is installed.  It looks like some sort of T-attachment on the starboard, forward part of the engine.  Out of the top is the electric sensor and out of the starboard side is a thin tube that runs to the mechanical pressure gauge and then back to the engine.  I'll have to double check where the other end of that oil line returns to the engine.

I don't believe it would be difficult to install one.

Thanks Jordon for the reply, I will followup on your email.

John

The oil pressure release valve of Farymann is a simple device and normally keeps the pressure stable. In my case a small piece from the oil filter was broken and that small piece find a good place to hold the release valve forever meaning low oil pressure.