Topic: Contessa in Hamilton, Ontario

I give up. The last available weekend of the summer is now booked and I've only had the boat out once! She is now for sale as I have no time for her. Galaxaura is a 1976 JJT Contessa that has undergone a major hull rebuild. Tha chainplates have been moved outboard, all portlights and hatch are stainless Bomar and all open. Most hardware is Harken (not the winches) and includes a traveller on a custom stainless mount. The new stanchions and lifelines are not mounted yet but are included as well as numerous other bits and pieces. There is also a three axle Sellox  trailer available. The boat is currently in Hamilton, Ontario with a slip paid for until the end of the season. Not quite sure of a price yet but will be in the $20,000.00 area (trailer extra).

If interested you can contact me at weinrichjohn(at)hotmail.com

Regards
                     John

.                               ,,,,,
                               (o o)
------------------oOO---(_)---OOo------------------

Re: Contessa in Hamilton, Ontario

I'm really sorry to hear that John sad

Sometimes it's really hard to get out sailing - it's all a matter of priorities.

Life is like that I'm afraid.  Don't be discouraged.

If it makes you feel better, my mast is still not up!  If I'm lucky I'll sail in September at this rate.  That said, many projects will be advanced or concluded and things will be better next year.  And despite the chaos of a miniature floating workshop (mine is the only Contessa I know with its own table saw!), the boat remains a happy place for me.

I respect that you have accepted you cannot give Galaxaura the care and attention she deserves and finish the refit yourself so are now looking for a good home for her.   If  the exterior refit is close to complete, have it finished as it will make her much easier to sell.

Lets hope for a quick sale, and that you find time to do some crewing next year.