Topic: Gossip and technical

Hello!
There was a fellow who did buy Varuna, he sold her to another fellow who told us on this forum that he was the new owner, and then our "group" lost track of her....I think she's still on the east coast...or was she trucked west?! ;-)  There is a fellow in San Diego (Jose....are you reading this?!) who happens to have the exact same hull # as Varuna, a fluke he has since discovered.   I did in fact contact Tania Aebi..she probably thinks I'm some kind of nut as I went on about how she did so well in her boat...even tho' it was almost 20 years ago and I'm yapping about it like it was last year!  ;-)
I'll keep you posted if I hear anything!
How's the sailing in Mexico?!  I expect to be down there someday soon!
Talk to you later!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Re: Gossip and technical

Hi Guillermo

Varuna is owned by a fellow named Steve Thorpe in Michigan and he sails it out of Detroit... 
I sail my Capella out of Belle River here in Ontario Canada...

Hope this helps

Jose
JJT #324

Guillermo:
There is another fellow with a Contessa in Cancun!  Small world that two Contessa 26s in Mexico?!  And, another strange thing, his name is also Jose, like the fellow below!  Last name Alvarez, and his boat is named after a Mayan god, so he said she went underwater for two weeks during Wilma hurricane, and once re-floated, she was fine!!! Quite the testament to our little boats!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

And I got the Jose guys confused, Salvador is indeed in Ontario (sorry about that Jose!) the other guy is in Mexico...and there are at least six Mark guys that own Contessas, so a girl does get confused! ;-)
Plus, Jose S. boat is same hull # as Varuna, a fluke, we are told, as I got all excited when I first wrote to him, thinking he has "the" boat we all read about! ;-)

HELLO  AND GREETINGS FROM CANCUN,QUINTANA ROO MEXICO,MY NAME IS JOSE LUIS ALCARAZ MY BOAT'S NAME IS HUNAB KU HULL # 78 BUILT  1974 caribbean green is the color of my hull,and sails wonderful,I own a small apartment unit down town Cancun,so you all contessa owners are always welcomed to visit us and enjoy the caribbean on a Contessa.That makes it easy to make up your mind.Happy holidays

Ok,thats it, now for sure I'm heading to Mexico after I go to Hawaii! ;-)

Hello from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
We are looking for a canvas with its frame, does any body know where we can get one for our Contessa? We are looking for a new one, but its o.k. if its used. Its very difficult for us to get one that fits well here in Mexico.
By the way, does anybody know what happened with "Varuna", is it still sailing?
keep in touch, Guillermo