Topic: Ultrafurl

Well my Christmas present arrived early and can't wait to get it on the boat.  An Ultrafurl 300.  After helping install a used schaefer on another boat, and an alado as well - the Ultrafurl is hands down a superior product.  It is almost twice the price of a Snapfurl 700, but there's no comparison between the two.  I will definitely take a photo manual when I install this, in case anyone is interested in seeing a hands on installation.  And if anyone is looking at adding this to their boat - give Heider a call.  He knows his stuff.  I'm not affiliated in any way with Ultramarine, this is just my own technical opinion based on experience with similar products, and a testament to their service and expertise

How many days still spring?

Stef

Re: Ultrafurl

I did consider the Ultrafurl when I updated the furler on Lolly Jo.  I am looking forward to seeing your photos of the installation.  (I went Harken, btw).

"Lolly Jo" #230
C. Paul Carter
Montreal, QC

First thing I did after I purchased my Contessa was install Harken roller furling. Best $2,000 I ever spent.

The cutworms are in the hollyhocks, again!

Yes, three seasons on the Harken, and could not be more pleased!

"Lolly Jo" #230
C. Paul Carter
Montreal, QC

I had hank-on foresails on both my Contessa and my Alberg 29. Though using a ready bag on the Contessa was a definite improvement, I really missed a furler, and if I owned a Contessa now, it'd be one of the first things I upgraded.