Topic: A proposal for a Contessa Association

I am a new owner of a Contessa 26 and wondering if there are any class associations for Contessas. My previous boat was an Alberg 30, and I benefitted from being a member of the Great Lakes Alberg Association that puts out a newsletter, a directory of members, organizes cruises, rendezvous and challenge races for the class, as well as maintaining contact with the very active Chesapeake Bay Alberg group in the US. The GLAA is not only for the Alberg 30s but includes the Alberg 22s,29s and the 37s
There are now six Contessa 26s in the Alexandra and National yacht clubs and more around the Lakes. Would there be any interest in forming a  Great Lakes Contessa Association that could include 26s and possibly 32s? I, for one, would love to meet with other owners of these wonderful boats.

Re: A proposal for a Contessa Association

I am a new Contessa 26 owner at the National Yacht Club in Toronto.
The Contessa Corner does an excellent job airing the views and suggestions of the members. I would like to meet other Contessa owners, race against them, sail with them to interesting venues in the Toronto area and spend time with them on the water.
bertinol

I got a Contessa 26 last summer and live in the NYC area. I like that idea, though a bit far away from the lakes...

Is anyone interested in a get together of Contessa 26 owners in the Toronto area this summer? The National Yacht Club could be a possible venue.

Wow.  Great guys.  As far as I'm aware, the co26.com website is the closest thing we have to an organization.

jff & bertinol, I'm a member of National and have been trying to join Alexandra for a number of years now.  I hope to have the Contessa there this summer if they'll have me.

I'm interested in meeting with other owners any time... it's a long winter, and a pint at National might help fill the time.

You are right, this co26.com web site offers the best chance we have of bringing Contessa 26 owners together. Hopefully, more will come forward as the sailing season approaches. I am looking forward to meeting with other enthusiasts on the lake or over a pint.