1 (edited by Lowlanderg 2012-05-27 04:56:12)

Topic: Relocate Diesel tank in older Contessa

I am looking to put-in a new fuel tank and want to get a look at how JJT placed the tank in the keel area in the later models. Can anyone out there provide me a picture of the tank and describe its location? I am looking at that deep bilge weel below the engine area as a possible location.Thanks.

Re: Relocate Diesel tank in older Contessa

Mine (#322) was in the cockpit locker, I don't know of any with the tank in the keel. Mine had a holding tank down there.

No way would you get me putting a tank in the bilge under the engine.  Why not look at a pair of tanks either side of the shaft (to maintain access) under the cockpit sole?

Good advise form both of you. I have a god tank now portable as in standard motor boat one modified for diesel. I think I'll do what J. Allen did in terms of building a SS tank fitted to the\ hull curve, and I like the idea of getting it either side if the shaft. But the loicker may do as well. Question is filling for the engine compartment oine..., but that can happen from a filler cap(s) on the deck. Thnaks guys.