Topic: Beaching legs

If you have a Contessa 26, just have the legs set up to where stands would go when boat is in yard...take a look at pics of my RHIANNON on photo page, basically she will stand level on her own, but just need two on either side so she doesn't fall over sideways. Don't need anything at stem nor stern.  just have flat pieces of plywood 8"x8" with carpet on them. No need to re-inforce anywhere.
Correct me anyone if he's talking about anything other than a type of stand...if it's those vertical things the guy on ATOM used, then I am not privy to knowledge of them and a Contessa 26.

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Re: Beaching legs

Eh, heh heh, I had a feeling they were the "straight up and down" things I had just seen a few days earlier!  Nice boats on the website they are shown on!
Thanks for the info!

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

I am considering fitting beaching legs on my boat to get into mre places of refuge in the grounds that I cruise in. HAs anybody fitted legs and if so how far along the hull from the stern would the fixing bots need to be drilled and the hull walls strengthened.