Topic: Rigging the spinnaker
One of my goals this summer is to get the spinnaker rigged and flown. I bought the boat a year ago and so far I haven't even pulled the spinnakers out of the bags to inspect them.
I have a spinnaker pole, which I've unseized and checked for defects. It appears to be of sufficient length and strength so I'm not worried about that. The spinnaker halyard is also my spare jib halyard. It is relatively new and in good condition.
Q1) How do you folks with symmetrical spinnakers have your lines rigged?
- How long are your sheets?
- Do you use lazy sheets/guys?
- Do you have twings rigged?
- How far aft do you have the turning blocks for both sheets (and guys if you have separate ones)
Q2) What size line do you use for the downhaul?
Q3) I'm not sure what is in the sail bag and want to make sure they are appropriate for the boat.
- What are the appropriate dimensions for a Contessa spinnaker?
- If you have multiple, what do you consider your code 0, 1, 2?
Q4) The uphaul is rigged. Unfortunately this is not run back to the cockpit.
- Is it worth it to change this?
Anything else I'm neglecting to ask?