Topic: Added a new sailor to the ranks yesterday

After 16 hours of labour, and eventually an emergency c-section, my wife and I welcomed my new son to the world. I am sure he will be, like his grandfather, his father, his mother, his two older brothers and his older sister before him, an in-the-blood sailor.

Welcome to the world Rowan!

Post's attachments

rowan.jpg
rowan.jpg 80.96 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Added a new sailor to the ranks yesterday

That's terrific news!  Glad to hear everyone is happy and healthy.
Congratulations Adrian.

Congratulations!!!!  All the best.

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Headroom in a Contessa wouldn't be an issue for him for a few years, I expect smile

Wow, congratulations on your new sailor's safe arrival. Welcome to the Contessa family.
Lesley and John
aka jff

Congratulations!

Thanks guys! It's been quite an adventure already. I've got my oldest going off to Ottawa to university, and my other two are teenagers as well. Having a baby in the family has been a great change.

And weirdly, it makes a Contessa more feasible for us in the future. Before, I needed a boat that could sleep 5 in comfort. Now, my oldest is gone during the summer, the next one is an officer on a tall ship, so they don't have to be accounted for. Just me, my wife, my daughter and the baby. 4 berths, and I'm the tallest of those 4, at a whopping 5'9".

If one of the post-83 models comes up, I'll seriously take a look. I'd love to get my hands on #322 again, but I think that ship has sailed, if you'll pardon the phrase. I don't even know how to reach the guy who bought it from me any more.