Topic: Modification to this forum

I've hidden the Lake Ontario Contessa 26 Association forum from users that are not registered and signed in. It seemed like a good idea, given the slightly different nature of this forum.

If anyone thinks I've erred, please let me know.

Adrian.

Re: Modification to this forum

Adrian,
Please ignore my last message, I was looking for the association before sighning in.
John

No worries John. Do you approve of the change, or should I set it back to the way it was?

Adrian,
You do an amazing job of maintaining this valuable web site. It is greatly appreciated.
I am hoping that we will get a chance to meet and one of  the Lake Ontario Contessa 26 Association meetings.
All the best,
John

I'm more or less up for September 8-9, if it still happens at Ashbridges. Not too far from where I live, and I'd love to meet up with the rest of you and talk boats. God knows my wife is getting tired of hearing me wax poetic about waterlines and rigging!

Adrian,
At the end of July 2012 we have 15 boats listed for the newly formed Lake Ontario Contessa 26 Association (working title).
I am sure that there are a number of owners that we have yet to reach. I was wondering if we could have brief "news" feature on the home page of this site inviting owners to join us in forming this new association.
The gathering at Ashbridges Bay YC is still on for September 8 - 9. See you there.
John

Absolutely. If you want to jot down the gist of it I'll put it on the home page.

BTW, I changed the forum back to publicly readable.

My two bits...
I'd suggest posting the Association material out in the open where all the Contessa owners can read it and participate.
The website is excellent and serves a very, very useful function. But the association serves a different function. It is a very good way to actually meet fellow Contessa owners in person and play with the boats.
We may get the odd junk mail, but Adrian seems to be keeping his eye on that.
Thank you, Adrian and John. You're a good team.