Topic: You tube

My friend Rob posted a video of us catching the afternoon westerly off Victoria,early July.Try contessa sailing victoria if you are interested in viewing it.

Cheers Bill

Re: You tube

Bill, you can totally post the link in the forum, if you like. It'll save everyone having to guess where it is smile

Hi Adrian.Unfortunately my skills are low in that department,maybe my son can tune me up soon.Contessa sailing victoria will bring it up though.
                                           Cheers Bill

Interesting mainsheet setup there? Do you literally have it attached to the stern pulpit? How is the loading on the pulpit? Any concerns that it might not be strong enough? Cos it totally looks like it solves one of the major problems I have with the standard mainsheet setup on the Contessa 26, and doesn't resort to a traveller, which I don't like much (because it messes with the ability to stow the tiller up and out of the way.

It's a bit funky,but puts no stress on the pushpit .One end is tied off on the deck.and despite what it looks like is taking most of the pull.The advantage is no flopping banging blocks,and the sheet is right at hand when the boat is on her ear,and I want to ease the main.I was almost falling out of the boat on port tack with the jammer at deck level.The only glitch is that the boom centers on one tack and not the other so you have to adjust after every tack,fairly minimal annoyance compared to tacking a genoa.The line is a bit of specra or something similar,and there you go,five minute improvement.   

cheers Bill

Nice. Seen several somewhat similar but yours has, in my view, the best camera angles.

...)))) May the wind fill your sails and the sun shine in your face cool

"Lolly Jo" #230
C. Paul Carter
Montreal, QC

"Lolly Jo" #230
C. Paul Carter
Montreal, QC