Topic: So, I did a thing

I bought a boat, but not a Contessa 26. The price was simply too good to pass up.

I am now the proud owner of a 1967 Kenner Kittiwake. A lovely little boat, perfect for my current needs.

Re: So, I did a thing

Congratulations Adrian !

Where are the pics ?

All the best for 2013 sailing.

Here's a couple, for the time being. She's in need of a really good cleaning up, since she's been sitting on the hard for 3 years, but she's more or less sound, has sails used for one season, and is just enough boat to keep me going for the time being.

Also means a bit of an adventure in the spring, bringing her back to Toronto from Ottawa via the Rideau Canal, something I've always wanted to do.

Also means a lot of shopping for new gear!

Post's attachments

overhead.jpg
overhead.jpg 123.23 kb, 2 downloads since 2013-01-07 

port.jpg
port.jpg 71.52 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Nice looking boat, Ihad never heard of this particular model. Sure looks sweet from the outside. I am a little jealous, being a singlehander, this one looks like the perfect fit.
Once again all the best.
(would like to meet at the boat show, however after attending the last few years, there really is nothing I need or probably haven't seen a few times)

I generally agree about the boat show, but I have a list as long as my arm of things I need to pick up now that I have a boat...

Wow, she looks great. Well done Adrian, can't wait to see her. Where are you going to keep her? The National we hope.
Lesley and John

and what, may I ask, is a capsize ratio?

Do I really want to know?

Handsome boat.  I love the mooring bit and the seat in the pulpit!

Where is she right now?

I have a name and number of the guy who moved my contessa, if he's still doing it he can move her closer to water

Looks great!