1 (edited by aarsballe 2013-10-22 15:10:55)

Topic: Vire Engine

Is there some one out there  with a decent Vire inboard engine at reasonable cost I would be interested in hearing from you

I have been informed that a Vire 6 was originally installed in my boat. It still have the mounting in the boat, so I would like to get a Vire 6 which could be installed without making alterations to the mount and the electrical harness
You may contact me direct
peterhoegh77(a) gmail.com

Re: Vire Engine

Where are you located ?

I am located in Picton. You can contact me by email.
Peterhoegh76@gmail.com

I had an offer for a vire motor.We compared the distance of the mounting lugs, and my lugs are 20" apart, and 6" front front to back, the mounting holes on the vire did not seem to match. Does anyone know if the vire engine could somehow fit even if there is a difference in the mounting lugs, or was it a diesel mounted there, and if so, does anyone know what kind of diesel with the mentioned mounting holes. Installing any engine in a Contessa is difficult, and having to put in a new mount is next to impossible, since I can not find a marine mechanic who wants to tackle it. Any thoughts on this?
a.petersen(a) kos.net

I have been told. that my mount in the boat is for a Vire 6 not a Vire 7, so perhaps some one has a working Vire 6 for sale, if so I would like to hear from you

I have a working Vire 7 available.
co26tess at gmail