1 (edited by Gadget 2013-03-11 17:37:53)

Topic: Contessa 26 for sail

Galaxaura is officially for sale. A completely rebuilt 1976 Contessa 26 with many modifications and improvements. The boat has a 7hp Lister-Petters diesel. Engine was rebuilt in 1999 and a new injector and injector pump installed in 2011. The engine works like a charm. The hull was damaged in 1996 when the boat beside it in winter storage was burnt. As a result the hull was completely ground down and re-fiber-glassed and the entire exterior was gel-coated. Lots of photos available of the rebuild. During the rebuild I had them add an extra layer of fiberglass to the coach roof in case I wanted to mount any winches, etc.  All 6 port lights were replaced with opening stainless Bomar and the hatch as well. There is a new 12v electrical panel with breakers and the hoses from the head to the holding tank were replaced and it works fine. There is a new Harken traveler on a custom stainless mount and the back-stay adjuster is new Harken as well as the boom vang. Mast lights and nav. lights were replaced with LED's and rewired. There is a new VHF antenna and cable on the mast as well as a new Standard Horizon DSC radio with a remote mic in the cockpit. New compass installed 2011. There is new 10' Harken pin stop jib track with 4 cars and new lifeline stanchions. The chain plates were relocated outboard and there is a new stainless boarding ladder on the stern as well. The mainsail, jib and genoa are all fair and the spinnaker looks almost new (never been used by me), there is also a spinnaker pole included. Additional equipment not installed but included are a stainless solar powered cabin vent and spin-lock rigging clutches. The gauges for the engine have not been re-installed but there is a new Perko 12 gal. fuel tank. The trailer is available as well and or delivery can be arranged. The bottom paint was done last year but never launched the boat (unfortunately). Price is $16000 and includes winter storage for next winter as well. If interested, you can respond here or send a pm. Thanks

.                               ,,,,,
                               (o o)
------------------oOO---(_)---OOo------------------

Re: Contessa 26 for sail

Hi, I am eager to acquire a Contessa 26.  Is this boat still for sail.  Please let me know and in any event, I would like to chat with you to get to know more about the Contessa community.  I am in New York City but sail in Eastern Long Island. Gardiners Baay out to Block Islannd, etc.
My telephone number is 917-209-1845.
Many thanks,
David

Hi!
Is still your boat for sale?
Thank you,
Ray

Yes, Galaxaura is still for sale. Located in Burlington Ontario. Can be viewed any time. You can contact me at jweinrich(at)cogeco.ca.
Thanks for your interest
John

.                               ,,,,,
                               (o o)
------------------oOO---(_)---OOo------------------