1 (edited by Viragodeb 2013-11-13 15:08:50)

Topic: folding dinghy completed

Re: folding dinghy completed

Deb

I was the person who originally asked the question about hard dinghy vs. inflatables. One question I have is how difficult it was to build the origami? I like the look of the one--not sure of the name--that comes in two parts and stows inside itself. I keep my boat in Rockland, Me. and someone at the town landing this summer had a pram that was like that--built out of plywood that came apart in the middle. As a temporary solution for the season, I bought a cheap dinghy from a friend but it doesn't solve the problem of having something that doesn't have to be towed.

Also, on an unrelated point, how do I register my boat with the owners association?

Peter

Peter, where are you?!  Have you gotten any farther on the dinghy project?  As for navigating this website, I'm a "flint knives and bear skins" kind of gal - I just click on things until they work.  On the home page (I think that's where it is) there's a heading at the top to register, and there appears to be a heading on this page (reply to message page) to write a private message so maybe you could reach me that way if you have questions.  In the mean time, my project now is to take the leftover fabric (I rather over estimated when I bought it), to make a bag for the boat to keep it from getting sun rotted or full of water in wild weather.