1 (edited by bertinol 2014-05-25 18:07:42)

Topic: Hanlan's Point Picnic Saturday June 7, 2014

You're all invited to a Contessa sail-in, barbeque and picnic at Hanlan's Point on Saturday, June 7, 2014, 11 am to 3 pm-ish.

Should be a fun event and chance to talk about our favourite boat, our plans for the summer, our kids and our families.

We're suggesting meeting at the far end of the channel, south of Hanlan's Point, where it's usually fairly quiet. We can tie up on the wall or raft if it's busy, sit at the picnic tables, throw a ball or lounge on the grass under the trees while we cook up a picnic lunch on the nearby barbeques.

It really is very pleasant and peaceful, and a handy destination for everybody in the Toronto area.

Hope to see you all there.

Re: Hanlan's Point Picnic Saturday June 7, 2014

Sarah and I are planning on attending!

Good to have you, Adrian and Sarah, hopefully with your kids.

We should have a good turnout and a good picnic. It is a lovely spot with lots of green grass and trees and picnic tables and barbeque pits. It's a great place to throw a ball or play hide and seek with the kids, or just talk about our favourite boat.

Hope lots of people turn up! It should be a good event.

We're planning on bringing a toddler and two teenagers in addition to ourselves!

We're not going to sail over, unfortunately. Too long a day on the boat for the little one right now to sail from Cathedral Bluffs over to the island.

But we will be there!

I checked out Hanlan's Point today and it is a lovely spot, perfect for our sail-in. There are lots of picnic tables and several BBQ pits. But I'll bring my alcohol stove to make a pot of tea.

I suggest N43 degrees 36.97 minutes; W79 23.30, that's almost as far as the island and lighthouse, where the bank curves in. It's usually peaceful down there, away from the hubbub further north.

The downside is that Toronto Parks is now, ouch, charging for picnics. 50 cents a foot for a three-hour stay -- or $12.75 for a Contessa. But they are very friendly. I'm sure they'll be happy if we all raft together!

So, see you all on Saturday.

Looks like a toddler and one teen now. In terms of food, what should we bring? Do we want to do a pot-luck sort of thing, or shall each bring enough food for their own?

I'm easy.
Bring food, baseballs, bird-watching books, sun lotion, whatever you like for yourselves.
We can always share...

Everyone who didn't come missed a wonderful time today!