Topic: Paper Charts Wanted

Do you have some old paper charts for sale.

I'm interested in purchasing any you may have for:

1. The panama canal area
2. South Pacific
3. East and North Coast of Australia
4. Islands of the Indian Ocean only typical Hiscock Highway
5. East and South Coast of South Africa
6. Islands of the Atlantic (St. Helena, Bermuda, etc.)

You can reach me at briannold@maxedoutvoyages.com

thanks,

B

Re: Paper Charts Wanted

Also.......if anyone knows good sources for buying used paper charts.......I'd be very much appreciative for the tip!   

B

3 (edited by john_co26 2014-09-13 15:20:43)

Thanks for the tip John!

I have used Bellingham Chart Printers (Tidesend) about 12 years ago. No problems. Since the US does not copyright their charts they are allowed to photocopy them. They sell black and white copies on heavy paper. You can save a ton of money. You can buy individual charts or groups ( ie all charts for new york to florida) and save even more. They also sell the originals.

Here is another way to save money. You are going to need many courtesy flags. They normally cost $20 to $40 each. I found a guy that was selling 12" x 18" flags on a 2 ft stick for about $5 each. Same idea as a desk flag but bigger. They are silkscreened on to thin cloth and start fraying after a month, but you do not need them to last long. Just remove the stick and sew on a length of 1/8" rope. Should be able to get them at a good flag store.

John,

That's a great idea about the courtesy flag.  In fact, that is exactly what I've already done.  I found them online for $3 each.

B