Topic: fall cruising

Wind bound in Squitty Bay, Lasqueti island.The Skibo with Rui Yamamoto just sailed in on a strong SE wind.231 and 261 tied up and drinking beer with friend James on his Angle man sea spirit built in Yokohama .

Re: fall cruising

Er.................261 and 293, Skibo and Cloud Nine.Rui is from Yokohama.Both boats have wood stoves so part of the afternoon was spent on the beach cutting firewood and picking up b  each coal , then back to the  big boat to make a chowder.What are the chances that two Contessa with wood stoves would show up in this tiny out of the way bay.

I would like to know more about your wood stove. 

Did you make it yourself or is it a production item?

Also, please tell about the installation.

JJT Contessa 26 #320

I bought the stove at boaters exchange a long time ago knowing there would be a use for it. It's home made from a 20 inch piece of 10by10 square pipe with legs and a sea rail. It's charmingly industrial looking. The starboard side Ice box was removed., two drawers installed again st the bulkhead, wood storage underneath and a cabinet installed behind d and under the deck head. This leaves about an 18 by 26 inch space for the stove. There is a stainless surround  with  a three eights airspace behind which keeps the bulkheads cool. It was a fairly big job and cost $1600. if  I recall correctly. It could easily run double that depending on what one is able to aquire at a low price. It's blowing about 25 knots here on the hook to ight and I'm toasty and happy every day to have that little stove.

Skibos stove was installed by a friend in the same place less but with less joiner work ; no drawers or cabinet . My deckiron is a Dickinson  with a fairing block that allows the stove pipe to exit straight up. Two stoves that are still avaliable are the tiny to and the Lunenburg line. The Lunenburg are rather dear now   compared to the old days (the eighties, Har, har). Other stoves could work.

I can text someone a picture if they know how to post it on here.

I can text someone a picture if they know how to post it on here..

I had the same problem with posting pictures.  If you can figure it out I would love to see both stove installations!

When you go to post, there's an "attachments" section just under the box where you type your response. You can add a picture there.

Post's attachments

Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 3.44.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 3.44.25 PM.png 35.76 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I found that one Adrian -- this solution works for the first post in a thread.  However, adding photos in subsequent posts in a particular thread is not so obvious...

Thanks in advance for your good guidance.

Christopher

I agree. Not so obvious, but if you click "Post Reply" instead of using the quick reply box at the end of the thread, you can add attachments. Sorry it's not more intuitive!

a