Topic: Hank-On Headsails For Sale

4 HANK-ON HEADSAILS for Contessa 26 (Canadian Built J.J. Taylor Contessa 26 with taller mast than the British version).  I am offering to sell these sails because I have decided to switch over to a roller headsail for ease of handling because I sail mostly singlehanded.  Each sail comes with its own sail storage bag.

150% Genoa in Very Good Condition and manufactured by Storer Sails in Barrie Ontario, Canada with dimensions: Luff 31’ 0”; Leech 30’ 2”; Foot 16’ 4 1/2”.  There are 9 #2 Murray Brand “Swedish Style” Hanks on the Luff of this sail.   This sail was used the most and is in Very Good Condition.  $460
110% Jib in New Condition and manufactured by Triton Sails in Toronto, Ontario, Canada with dimensions: Luff 31’ 9”; Leech 29’ 11”; Foot 12’ 10 1/2”.  There are 11 #1 “Swedish Style” Hanks on the Luff of this sail.  This sail looks like it has never been used.  $400
80% Jib in Excellent condition and manufactured by Lee Sails in London, Ontario, Canada with dimensions: Luff 25’ 2”; Leech 21’ 2”; Foot 12’.  There are 10 #2 Wichard Brand Hanks on the Luff of this sail.  This sail was used some.  $330
Storm Jib in New Condition and manufactured by Storer Sails in Barrie, Ontario, Canada with dimensions: Luff 20’; Leech 16’; Foot 7’ 4”.  There are 7 #2 Murray Brand “Swedish Style” Hanks on the Luff of this sail.  This sail looks like it may have been used once.  $290

In an effort to know how to price these sails, I have gotten recent (May, 2016) price quotes for comparable new sails from reputable manufacturers.  These price quotes for new sails were as follows: 150% $769; 110% $671; 80% $553; Storm $486.  Sixty percent of the new price for sails that are in the condition that these sails are in seems like a very good price for you and so that is how I arrived at the prices you see listed above.  I am also offering a money back guarantee:  If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply send the sail(s) back within 1 week of receipt and I will refund your money in full (they are very high quality sails in excellent condition and it is very unlikely that you will be unsatisfied with your purchase).  Sails will be shipped from Southwest Colorado (Montrose) within the United States and the buyer is responsible for the actual shipping costs and insurance (if you do not wish to assume the risk of the sails being damaged in transit).

Thank you for reading my posting.

If interested, contact:  Brian  bnold5000@gmail.com  (970) 417-1131