Topic: Contessa 50th anniversary book

From: Contessa 26 UK Association <webmaster@contessa26.net>
Date: January 14, 2015
Reply-To: Contessa 26 UK Association <webmaster@contessa26.net>

news from the UK Contessa 26 Association

CONTESSA 26
50th ANNIVERSARY BOOK

Association Past and Present Appendix

We are producing an Appendix for the Book which will list all Association members
and allow for a short description of their boat and achievements.  You do not have to still own the boat to respond.
The response from our previous email has not been very great so this is the last call if you want to get a mention.
Please let me have any submissions by the end of the month; they should not be too long no more than three of four lines. Email them to me at  coldavidhoulton@hotmail.com

Happy New Year to you all

DAVID HOULTON
Lymington, UK

forward to a friend

Re: Contessa 50th anniversary book

The 50th anniversary history of the Contessa 26 is in its final stages. Time to contact David Houlton, secretary of the British Contessa association and order a copy. I haven't seen the book, but I have heard a lot of good things about it. It has certainly taken a lot of work by a lot of keen Contessa owners.

See details below
Oliver Bertin

Quoting david houlton <coldavidhoulton@hotmail.com>:

The book is now in its final draft and will be published in  November  this year (2015) in
time for Christmas.  We are having 300  copies made for  the first edition.  The book
will be sold at £15  for Association  Members and £20 for non Association Members. This
does not include  package and posting.

We need now to think about distribution and I was wondering if you   had any ideas
about how you might achieve this at your end. We   intend to probably distribute the
book from Jeremy Rogers offices   and publicise it thru the UK yachting press.

Best wishes

David Houlton
Secretary

The new Contessa book is finally being printed, ready for distribution in mid-November at the agm of the British Contessa Association in Lymington, Hampshire.  They are only printing 300 copies so do get your order in fast.

I haven't seen the book, but I do know that a lot of people have put a lot of effort into it.
If you would like a copy, I suggest emailing David Houlton, the secretary of the British Contessa Association at:

David Houlton <coldavidhoulton@hotmail.com>

the email I rec'd today:

Mon, 28 Sep 2015 12:34:01 +0100
Subject: Contessa Book P& P

The book is now at the printers and should be out as planned mid November,
The P & P Costs are £10 per book. A little excessive considering the book costs £15 but that is the Post Office's lowest costs.

Best wishes
DAVID

Contessa anniversary book
The 50th anniversary book is now ready and looking good.
It will be shipped right after the Contessa Association agm on Nov. 14.
The Nautical Mind bookseller on Reese St., down behind the SkyDome, is ordering a box of books, so you may want to pick one up before they sell out.
Email 'Ross' at books@nauticalmind.com to save a copy.

Received my copy today, from Nautical Mind, very well done, history of Contessa 26. Thanks Bertinol for this information.