Topic: Source for B1 fuel hose in 3/16" for Farymann K34?

Trying to not have to go to UK to source B1 fuel hose to replace those on my aging Farymann K34.   1/4" hose is commonly available (Trident, Sierra, etc), but not the smaller 3/16" size.

Any ideas?  I only need 3 feet or so, if anyone has some lying around!

Thanks,

"Lolly Jo" #230
C. Paul Carter
Montreal, QC

Re: Source for B1 fuel hose in 3/16" for Farymann K34?

You could try at Guité Marine. They installed my 1GM10 this winter.

Guite Mecanique Marine inc

Address:
630-1ère Avenue,
Lachine QC,
H8S2S5

514-637-0902

Contessa 26 #158
Sun Wave
Montreal QC

cPaul, I had a fuel problem last summer and had to replace a bunch of hoses.  It turns out that some previous owner had replaced hoses and nipples with a mish-mash of mixed sizes and the result was that I, too, had to replace them with hoses that weren't the right size since I was mid-trip and a bit stranded.

I'm curious to know what the stock size is for the fuel supply hoses.
1) Fuel tank -> filter
2) Filter -> pump

If you know of any other original hose sizes, I'd like to jot them down for future reference.

FWIW, I bought hoses at a Princess Auto ... I told them it was for a diesel, they sold me "fuel hoses", but I found out later they were not appropriate for diesel.  *ugh*  I had to replace them all a second time.

Fuel tank to fuel filter (non-engine filter; mounted on side of engine compartment), filter to engine, and return line to tank is all 1/4".   Fuel lines between low pressure pump and hi-pressure, and engine's fuel filter uses 3/16" line.  No problem sourcing B1 line in 1/4" (diesel).  Lots of problems finding something suitable for 3/16".  While any oil-suitable line *might* do, these lines should be replaced with 3/16" B1 line.  The only marine source I have found so far is in the UK (via eBay).

JordanH wrote:

cPaul, I had a fuel problem last summer and had to replace a bunch of hoses.  It turns out that some previous owner had replaced hoses and nipples with a mish-mash of mixed sizes and the result was that I, too, had to replace them with hoses that weren't the right size since I was mid-trip and a bit stranded.

I'm curious to know what the stock size is for the fuel supply hoses.
1) Fuel tank -> filter
2) Filter -> pump

If you know of any other original hose sizes, I'd like to jot them down for future reference.

FWIW, I bought hoses at a Princess Auto ... I told them it was for a diesel, they sold me "fuel hoses", but I found out later they were not appropriate for diesel.  *ugh*  I had to replace them all a second time.

"Lolly Jo" #230
C. Paul Carter
Montreal, QC

5 (edited by JordanH 2012-06-12 20:13:40)

Thanks cPaul.  Yes, I just replaced the fuel line up to the lower pressure pump.

Sorry I don't have an answer regarding where to find 3/16" hose.  Have you tried a wider marine audience at sites like sailnet or cruiserforums?  Best of luck.

edit:  Farymann is still around and they still make the "k34" (although, now called the 15/18W which is basically identical).  You could try them directly or the shop that has helped me with terrific knowledge and parts, EntecWest.  Seriously, the mechanic at Entec West seemed to know everything there is to know about the K34 and provided all the parts I needed.  Certainly, they'd have the hose (or an appropriate alternative).  http://entecwest.com/

Thanks Jordon,

I'll probably be giving them a call at some point.

Meanwhile, I have ordered the 3/16" fuel hose from a UK supplier.

Paul

"Lolly Jo" #230
C. Paul Carter
Montreal, QC

7 years later...

I am replacing the supply side of my fuel system. I decided to go with 3/8" fuel supply lines because the new Racor filter accepts 3/8" hoses.  I'm not sure how I'll connect fuel filter to engine... it might be 3/16 or 1/4"...  We'll see.

My return line is also 1/4"... I'm hoping I can make a 3/8" line fit for that purpose too.

fwiw, when I contacted Farymann ... they basically told me they shutdown their factory and wouldn't give me the specs on the fuel spigot size (both at the fuel pump and the fuel return).

For what it's worth, here's a supplier of proper Marine Fuel hose here in Canada.  FWIW, they only have 1/4" and up.  For future reference, you're looking for Type A1 Fuel Feed hose for both the feed and return because it has better fire resistance and is rated for continual fuel in the hose... type B1 shouldn't be used in the engine compartment.

https://hoseandfittingsonline.com/index … arch=g611a