Topic: If this contessa forum sinks... i have a pfd

Sounds good to me.  Get your Contessa site and BB ready to go.  You can copy any of the pages from the Contessa Corner or I can send you the files and photos.  I'll archive the stuff here and you can copy it to your new BB.  Once you're on line, I'll link this BB and the Contessa Corner to your new site.  Go for it.

Re: If this contessa forum sinks... i have a pfd

I just want to say a Big THANK YOU to admin for starting up this webpage Contessa forum.  We have all benefitted from your initial start up of it.  Do visit us from time to time and give your comments.  May I ask where your contessa 26 sailed off to, for the contessa list.

Beverly, Massachusetts is my best guess.

smh, admin, etc....will be very sad to see you and this go?!?!  I want to keep this all going in some way, and obviously my focus would be on the Contessa 26 only...let's see what transpires in the next few weeks.  There are a few of us on the WET (west) Coast of Canada willing and able to keep this going.

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

I'd also be happy to take over operation of the site. I've been a professional web developer for ten years and I've a great deal of experience operating community sites like this one. I currently have such a site operating, and could easily modify it to operate this site as well. It includes a more robust bulletin board system and an integrated gallery, among other things.

But its up to the site owner to decide how and where the site goes. He's put a lot of hard work into it, and I am sure he's anxious to see it in a place where it will remain safe and secure.

In this move, we need to think about its set up, especially the Contessa 26 boat list that I have put together and that Jose and Shannon have improved with thier spreadsheet format (see the listing on my comments).  This list needs a owner to update and its own place to be viewed by all easily.

just read the message from the admin about trying to sell the site.

i want everyone to know --
if this forum sinks -- i can provide hosting and a bulletin board for free. it would take me just a few minutes to set up. i'm a web designer and host clients, so it would not cost me very much to host the site. a domain name is $7, and the bulletin board software is free.

one thing i would REALLY like to see for this group -- an easy way for people to upload images! i hear about all these great contessa pix, especially the work in progress ones -- it would be great to have a way to easily share those w. everyone, and build up a repositary of knowledge about these great boats. there are pix on some peoples websites, but the reality is many of those sites will not be around in ten years.

for me and other newbies this board is about the only way to get specific information about the contessa 26. the information that is shared will still be valuable in ten years and is well worth preserving.

Whoa! I like this new board.  Thanks to all who had a hand in making this transition a smooth one.  Nothing worse than a Contessa junkie being shut out from his favorite site for more than a day!!  SMH...we're gonna miss your regular insightful input....so don't stray too far away from us!  Mark Smith