see post in site support/comments!!!
I am working on some more solutions. Unfortunately just keeping the spam off the site is taking a considerable amount of time. Also, I have to admit that daily life is currently impinging on the time I spend maintaining this site.
But rest assured I am working on it. If its any consolation, only about 8% of the spam is actually getting through. I've managed to automatically blog the other 92%. That gives you some idea of how much spam there is.
The best thing to do right now for you guys is to not click on spam. Just leave it be and I'll keep working on the filtering.
The reality is that, unfortunately, life gets in the way of our hobbies. I (and many others) would much rather have the bankroll to just work on my boat (websites, camaros, casino, house, show dog, horses, farm, snowmobiles, motorcycles, whatever one does for fun...) all day, or pay someone to. Instead, I have a job, house, cars to maintain, commitments, etc. Some of us have more demanding commitments than others.
The forum/site precessing co26.com is no longer in existence (pocketcruisers.com) and the archived information that you can find here - relating specifically to the Contessa 26 - was only preserved by the efforts of Adrian who volunteered to recreate a North American Contessa 26 home on the internet. He has done an excellent job and continues to do so even though he no longer is even a Contessa owner. This is a hobby that sort of carried on past the fun part...
It is winter is most of Contessa sailing territory. Many people and their boats are sleeping. There have not been many Contessas changing hands (yachtworld, boatforsale, boattrader, local knowledge) in the last little while. The Contessa was a limited run boat. There are not 500 owners posting to this site.
Things will pick up in the spring, slide off in the summer, peak in the fall, and die off again next winter.
If you've got a better solution to the spam, go for it. Adrian was a great person to take over this site.
To be completely honest I'd be less worried about this site. I'd be more worried about why that brand new Beta twin is going to shake almost as bad as my 1gm10.