Re: Rendezvous 2006 - Lake Ontario Edition

Hi Folks

I too will be there on the 13th... it would be great if it could take shape...
I too would love to meet at some time....

jose

You can count me in for Jan. 13 also.

Cheers.

Ivan Ross Vrána  "Morava" #266

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Count me in as well!  Looking forward to seeing whoever can make it on the 13th.  Just advise us on location and time.  Cheers all!

José

Okay, why do we not vote on this, Dec 13 (saturday), all in favor say, "I".  All in disfavor, say "Nay" but please come up with an alternative or have a second gathering?  On the I's, what would be a good time to meet, 2 or 3pm or majority rules? Do we want to do something afterwards, ie, go out to dinner or whatever?  Sorry no speaker listing is up on the boat show website the last I looked.  My guess on meeting spot would be the boat house / lake at the show but others might know of a better spot.

January 13th? That'd work best for me, I think.

That's an "I" for me for January 13th as it is for everybody else except for John Lee who'll wait in line for our group for a whole month!  Just kidding John, I'm sure you meant the 13th of January like the rest of us.  Looking forward to seeing everybody.  I'm volunteering to capture the group shot of everyone present at that time.  I think that 2 would be a good time so that we can have a few hours peruse the show, then have a leisurely dinner with everyone.  Any other thoughts?

Hey Adrian, you're alive!  Greetings and salutations to our esteemed administrator.  Keep up the good work!

32 (edited by AlanT 2006-12-13 02:38:18)

I'm not "yet" a contessa owner but hopefully in the spring  so I'll see if I can make my way down. I live just in Whitby so it's just a quick Go train ride down.. 

Nope, I didnt get a chance to get to Hamilton way to take a peak at the two contessa's there.. Timing just wasnt good this year sad

I'm not a contessa owner yet either.....but maybe soon! I'm shopping (again). The 13th works for me.  Looking forward to it.  Maybe someone will be able to point me in the direction of a good buy.
I'm up for dinner afterward too.
Suzeh.

I am not sure if I will make it to the show, but if I do it will be the 13th. Mid afternoon anytime sounds good.

So far we have 9 for January 13 (yes the right month this time).  The speaker list not yet up but mid afternoon is sounding the norm? 2'ish, The boat house the meeting place, as no one stated differently.  Afterwards, dinner? Now I will need help here as I am from NW Pennsylvania, so another vote is need to help me out:

***vote*** type of place you like to eat at, example: Italian, chinese, Irish, etc. 
I vote for Irish/English. 

addition info needed with vote:
1) Name of a place.  If you know one in the area and its location.  (make it simple as some of us are GO Train travelers, ie., me).
I have visited the area only once. So I could use help here on place to go.

2) Also tell us if it is a reservation place or not.

3) Any additional info need to help this along

Hello everyone:

Just to confirm from the last e-mail from John Lee - are we still planning to meet at around 2:00pm on Jan 13, 2007 at the Boat House at the Toronto Boat Show?  I plan on showing up.

Cheers.

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

I will also be there... dose anyone have a CO26 burgee to bring along so we can find each other...

josé

Hey Group!

Happy New Year to All!  I'll definitely be there and unfortunately, I don't have a CO26 burgee for identification purposes.  Wouldn't it help if we posted pictures of each other? Opinions anyone?  In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing everybody who can make it on the 13th.

José

I know what (Tessa's) José  looks like, and John too, having met them both smile

I don't have a burgee, I'll try to print out the crown and bring it so I can stand there looking dorky, but no promises. You guys know how flaky I am.

Adrian

I'm glad you volunteered... or I was going to do it... might still... we'll both look dorky... but what the heck... who cares...

jose

How many of us are going to be there now?

I`ll be there at the lake at 14:00

oups at the boat house

Adrian

If everyone that said that would be there... show up... we could be 10 or 11 not to mention the fact that my wife will also be with me... so I guess we would be 12

Jose

Sounds like a real party shaping up.  C'mon ladies!  Don't be shy as everybody's welcome to attend.  As this forum promotes, you don't have to be a CO26 owner to attend.  Can't wait for next week.  Gee, had I known that the weather was going to be like this, I would've sailed to the boat show! ;-)

Hey Shannon! Since you saved soooooo much money on your new baby, come join us for a little mirth and merriment at the boat show!!!  If not, I guess pics will have to do!   Cheeers y'all!

José

46 (edited by John Lee 2007-01-06 09:37:49)

Sorry for the long absent, I was at my parent's place on island off of Maine with only dial-up service.  Anyway, on Saturday at 2pm at Boat House is a talk by Derek about his solo racing around the world.  It should last only an hour, as I saw it last year.  No Tania this year, sorry.  So if we meet in the Boat House, we will have to figure out a spot away from there.  My mind is foggy but there is food place opposed the seminar platform that might work.  On one end of the boat house is place they had music last year plus food (I think), not a good spot.  There is an exit on the south end (Lake Ontario side) that might work.  It is actually exit - hallway - exit to boat show, this hallway area could work as I could put up a Contessa 26  drawing I have on the wall for the gathering (help Adrian again on my up load of the design into the gallery did not work as it is on a word document and you have to click on it a couple of times to see it, sorry).  Any comments or better spot to gather? I am open to better spot if there is one.  The 2pm gathering sound like the magic moment for us.  Now I need to get a hotel room.  jklee

anyone staying at the sheraton?  they have a boat show special 75 bucks.  the westin harbour castle is sold out at thsis rate (darn) but for anyone looking for a room it's a good deal.  so far i'll be there as long as the admiral ok's the leave.....

I am at the Holiday Inn in Oakville, end of the GO Train line.  I got one of the lower rates but it is higher then Sheraton low rate.  I will up there friday afternoon.

We're going to be at the Westin... sorry to hear about that... sad

jose

Well the gathering was small  (9, though one left early) but we all had a great time.  The start of the gathering was a bit disorganized as some of us were at the southern of the Lake while others where next to the boat house lecture stage but Adrian got us all organized and together as a good website manage he is for this forum.  There will be a photo of the CO26 forum gang someday soon for all to see, Jose'.  Beers were drank and some spilled during our 4+ hours of talking.  We even learned that old head sail can stretch a whole lot after 30 years and some of us will be getting new ones this spring, at least I am. Seeadler told us stories of his ocean voyage that interested all of us while others compared to-do list for the up coming season.  Then there was windvane, backing out of slip, archors and other discussing going on to.

From this gathering, I was pressured to upload some photos of Cavendysh.  This has now been corrected though I do not know how to link them to this message, sorry gang.  Cavendysh is a bit embarrassed by her looks as her navigator made her so sailing before all her new equipment was put on her, thus the slowness on her putting herself on the forum for all to see, enjoy.  jklee