Re: Rendezvous 2006 - Lake Ontario Edition

Boy, does cavendysh remind me of kefi. Makes me a touch homesick for my old contessa.

where did all you guys end up meeting and at what time?  i walked about 20 laps of the lake but never found the groop.  didn't really know who i was looking for....  a bit disappointing that i missed out, but there's always next year.......

Sorry I missed the gathering.  I had meant to be there, but life (well, actually work) got in the way.  I would have loved to hear the stories.  Maybe next year!
Suzeh.

A few years ago there was a Canadian detective show on television once a week . I can't remember the name of the show but I do remember the face of the main actor .......was it you Jose Salvador ? If not , you must have a twin .

pogo

Sorry buddy... it must be a twin... smile

jose

I just wanted to thank everyone, really great meeting you all - Nathalie and I had a great time, very good discussion and it is nice to see the pcitures and stories of your boats.  I sure learned a lot - something as simple as I need to take of the Topping Lift once the main sail has been hoisted (Thanks John) - I am sure my Main and boom will then sag quite a bit as the sail is now 27 years old - time to get a new one.

Thanks for the picture Jose, and Adrian I owe you a beer.  And yes I was the one who split his beer ; -)

Looking forward to seeing you this summer in the Thousand Island and hopefully somewhere on Lake Ontario.

Cheers.

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

So......where are the pictures of all you guys?!??!  *very curious look*  heh heh!!!

I would have love to have been there!!!

My boat (sounds so good!!) should get on the train this Friday, barring more Horrid Weather around here....she has been delayed due to the snow and windstorms from here to Montreal.....

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Shannon

Check out the gallery look at the last up loads... you'll see the motley crew... good to have you back. smile  smile  smile

jose

Oh my god, you guys are all so good looking!!!  Heh heh,  that's what sailing will do to you!! (Oops, sorry, Mrs. Jose Salvador!!  She was the pretty one in the group!!)  And somehow, I knew that's what you'd all look like!!!   Ok, I now know I have to show my mug soon.....let me think of something imaginative and post a pic....likely me looking longingly at pics of my boat....hah!   Expect a pic sometime this week....and let's all pray for the rail strike to end.

“You get a boat for only one reason, because you want one.  If you’re worried about being practical, forget boats.”

Hello everyone:

I thought I would see if anyone was still interested in the lake Ontario get together.  I am a little bit behind in my launch plans - I hope to have Morava in the water by next week as I get her trucked down to Kingston from Ottawa.

Open to suggestions as for date and time - a long weekend might be good and of course more than happy to meet up with people if they are coming this way to Kingston and the Islands but of course I am more than happy to head the other way - as long as my engine does not give up the ghost - then again I have a sailboat.

Also, if anyone is looking for a free ride to the rendezvous (those who can't get their Contessa to Lake Ontario) - drop me a line.

Cheers.

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Ivan

I'm still game for a Rendezvous... and a Long weekend would seem like a good idea... but not too late in the season... I'm also thinking that Bronte would still be a good location... even though it could be a long treck for you... just my thoughts... let me know if I can help

Jose

Hi Guys,

I'm definitely game for a rendezvous.  It doesn't matter if it's in Kingston/Thousand Islands or Bronte.  Just give the dates and I'll be there.  Looking forward to seeing those who can make it.  Those who won't have a boat has an option to sail with me.  Again, just let me know.

José

I am game too, though I doubt I'll have the time to sail to Kingston this summer. Just started a new job and have no vacation time available. I could definitely drive up there though.

Jose

I'll need a sail... make room...

jose

Hey Jose!

You can bunk with the cruising spinnaker in the V-Berth.  Have we set a date and location?  Am I picking you up at some port along the way?  Looking forward to it.  Again, just let me know when and where.

Cheers!

José

Hey - I just put Morava in the water only to have her pulled again because of the freaking stuffing box - it has to be repacked - typical eh - I thought I could get away with it for one more season. 

As to the time and location how is this date: June 29 to July 1 - we can meet on the Saturday depending on the day that is the Canada Long Weekend.

Or we could do later in the season on the August long weekend:  August 3 to August 5.

As for location, I am scuppered also as for time, I don't think I can make it down to Bronte but since most of you are down there perhaps I can invite myself along ; -)

Or we can meet  in Kingston - I have two free passes at Collins Bay and people are welcome to stay on Morava.

Cheers.

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

I would prefer the August weekend myself... I will be in the Azores for the July 1st weekend.

But go with whatever is best for everyone else… Kingston is also OK with me.

Jose

Well then, I am going to make a decision (which of course helps me ; -)

So lets set the date for Friday August 3, 2007 until Monday August 6, 2007 (or there abouts).  Initial meeting point is Collins Bay Marina - and then we can decide where to go from there (Kingston/Thousand Islands/Lake Ontario etc...).

Morava is more than willing to put up others if the distance/time is too much.

FYI - I will be out of touch until next week - so let me know who is still intereted.

Cheers.

Ivanross "Morava" #266

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

Hi - is anyone still interested in the Lake Ontario rendezvous for the long weekend in August at Collins Bay Marina and area?

Cheers.

Ivanross "Morava" #266

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266

No one has responded : -( Sooooooooooo perhaps next year?

Cheers.

Ivanross "Morava" #266

Ivan Ross "Morava" #266