Topic: Inaugural Cruise (gathering), July 21-22, 2012

Re: Inaugural Cruise (gathering), July 21-22, 2012

Hey guys.

You have no idea how much I'd love to come for a sail. Unfortunately this weekend is a complete writeoff. We have an annual family reunion on Saturday, that cannot be missed (my father would be so disappointed), and I have to take my daughter off to be a trainee on a Tall Ship on Sunday. After that, we have to go to my cousin's new daughter's christening.

All of that assuming my wife doesn't go into labour, as we approach the due date for our own new addition!

But please keep us posted on how it goes?

Re: Inaugural Cruise (gathering), July 21-22, 2012

Hello Everyone,

Having always had the lone Contessa 26 at QCYC, and having always admired the camaraderie of all the Shark, Alberg, C&C, Nonsuch, etc. owners at my club who get to compare notes with owners of their same design of sailboats at QCYC, it was fun and educational to sail around the Toronto Islands and chat before and after with Jordan Harkness and his girlfriend Feng and John and Lesley Flanders. Watching their sailboats, Vixen and Free-N-Easy, sail close to the Outward Bound, I learned much as to how to improve my sailing skills from closely observing their excellent sailing abilities.

As the Contessa 26, with its elegant sheer and low freeboard, is one of the most beautiful sailboats on Lake Ontario, having three of them sailing together was a most rewarding site for those in the lake fortunate to see us sailing.  I look forward to more of us participating in the next sail to Ashbridge's Bay, so that we'll have an even more impressive presence on the lake.

I very much appreciate our new Contessa 26 gatherings. My sailing season is so much more fun now.

Regards,

Russell Sergiades