Topic: Rebuilding, Restoring, Adding To, or Upgrading Your "Classic"?

Re: Rebuilding, Restoring, Adding To, or Upgrading Your "Classic"?

Re: Rebuilding, Restoring, Adding To, or Upgrading Your "Classic"?

I recently inquired CO26, hull number 348, one of the last ones produced by JJT. It has taken me at least one year to decide what boat to buy. I have seen 5 CO 26-s within the last two months in Ontario. I intend to change her name so I will put her to the registry later. I keep the boat on trailer in Milton, close to the wooden boat shop I am involved with- access to some tools, help and some boat"wisdom"of my more experienced fellow boaters. Although the boat is in good shape (good survey) - I plan to renovate some woodwork  (companionway is bad, so is the floor, and tiller), electrical is to be addressed (shore power, connectors etc) and clean, polish the whole boat. I did not sail the boat so I am ready for some surprises later on - good and bad.  I have lots of questions for those who went through these renos. I would love to meet some of you and chat... The Boat Show is coming soon. If anybody plans to go, let me know. I live in Mississauga, I intend to put my CO in some club close by (EYC, OYS etc). So, I see you later!