Topic: Just Bought a Contessa 26

Hello!

I' a retired American living in the Azores and just bought a Contessa 26 this past week.  She has been mentioned on this site before by a previous owner with the name Ushuaia.  The current name is Coracao Simples (Portuguese for Simple Heart).  I will be renaming her after our future (first) granddaughter's name.  Have to get that renaming ceremony done right!

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions and I really appreciate you all creating and maintaining this site.  I'm definitely a newbie to keel boat sailing but I think the Contessa is a wonderful boat that will be able to take me from beginner to one day hopefully making a transatlantic voyage from here and back!

I look forward to talking with a lot of you in the future!

Scott

Re: Just Bought a Contessa 26

Scott-- post some pictures of her if you have them.

Hello Vince!  It looks like I can only attach one photo per post.  Here she is in the Angra marina where she is right now.

Post's attachments

SV_Ava.jpg
SV_Ava.jpg 318.01 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Here is another from the Angra marina

Post's attachments

SV_Ava-1.JPG
SV_Ava-1.JPG 305.58 kb, 1 downloads since 2017-10-30 

5 (edited by serwin 2017-10-30 15:26:04)

One more:

Post's attachments

SV_Ava-2.JPG
SV_Ava-2.JPG 299.66 kb, 3 downloads since 2017-10-30 

And this is the Praia marina which is much closer to home.  I already have a slip there and hope that tomorrow my friends and I will be able to sail her around to the new slip.  Should be about a 4 hour sail or so if the weather stays good.  We're getting into winter now and there will be less good sailing days so I need to get it moved soon. It will actually be my first sail on her!  Unfortunately I'm still a newbie at this and still trying to get trained.  We were in Orlando Florida visiting my son and his wife this past Aug/Sep and I was able to get in the ASA 101 at Harbortown Marina on Merritt Island near Cape Canaveral 2 days before Irma hit!  It's a start anyway!

Post's attachments

Praia_Marina.jpg
Praia_Marina.jpg 108.89 kb, 8 downloads since 2017-10-30 

7 (edited by Vince P 2017-11-27 04:44:11)

Nice boat, I've seen the video of Ushuaia on YouTube.   Seems to be quite an accomplished vessel and since it's a JJT model, I'm guessing its done at least one Atlantic crossing.
I did the ASA 101 course as well, it's a great way to start.